Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do Atheists deny the fact that modern day miracles occured? Just look at the Catholic church and its Saints..?

many Medical Doctors have been made to believe in the afterlife.. I'm sure medical doctors are not as ignorant as you folks.

Just look up Padre Pio, Fatima, Our Lady of Guadeloupe.

Come on Atheist the Catholic church is the real Deal being thriving for 2010 years without fall.

So medical doctors who Molest... are they not valid to do surgery still.. Molestation doesn't make the practice of medicine or religion more invalid its just a reflection of the person you nimwad

Favorite Answer

Luke 16:27 And he said: Then, father, I beseech you that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brethren,

28 that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torments.

29 And Abraham said to him: They have Moses and the prophets. Let them hear them.

30 But he said: No, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will do penance. 31 And he said to him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, if one rise again from the dead.

As the verse says, even if Fr Abraham send a dead to warn the atheists, they will not believe even Moses and Jesus came; so they will not believe no matter how many dead would rise to warn them.

Evidence of miracles, see link to Our Lady of Lourdes, it is irrelevant whether you believe or not. Miracle of the Holy Fire, Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano

So a few believe a fantasy but the vas majority live in the real world!!

Research has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology!!!

More members of the "intellectual elite" considered themselves atheists than the national average.

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God."

Source(s): Aarhus University Ulster University Gallup

1. I don't "deny" anything -- I simply require evidence for things before I accept them. There is no evidence that any "miracles" happen now or ever have.

2. The catholic church has not been around for 2010 years. I suggest you do some research on the history of your own religion, you might learn something.

Peace.

And Padre Pio is obviously a fake. Easily shown. And the roman catholic chuch didn't exist until 872. the catholic church began in 325. and most of that time they commanded the largest army in Europe and either you were catholic or you were dead. And even that didn't help some times. Pope innocence slaughtered everyone saying god will know his own.

It is not about ignorance, it is about the desire for there to be something greater. I have this desire too but after investigation it seems to be unfounded. Fear of death makes people desire for there to be an afterlife and to live their life as if there was one and a way to get there - not the afterlife itself (which doesn't exist).

As for the 'real deal' there are religions that have been around much longer - you can't use duration as a measure of veracity.

I've looked at those so-called miracles you mention but it doesn't matter one bit even if they were true (which they aren't) - god wasn't there when I needed one, wasn't there for the entire 15 years of my belief and isn't there now either. God doesn't exist.

Source(s): * no religious belief implied
  • Berny

There is no valid evidence for miracles taking place. The Catholic church is taking advantage of the gullible and superstitious. Everything has a logical explanation if you look for it.

All the Catholic church has is hearsay, not hard factual evidence.

• So you are assuming that no doctors are atheists? And until you learn to form the plural of atheist, you should refrain from calling others ignorant.

To answer your question, I do not believe that there is any verifiable proof that any so called "miracles" have occurred. If you could make God go back in time and undo the earthquake in Haiti, then I would reconsider.

• So medical doctors are so smart that we should just agree with everything they say? See, that's problematic when you consider that there are also doctors who *don't* believe in the afterlife.

Could you do the unthinkable and actually prove that a religious miracle has taken place? That'd be awesome.

Yes, I am an atheist and I deny the fact that any miracles occur. Yes, some things do indeed happen that are "statistically improbable", but they're not miracles.

>many Medical Doctors have been made to believe in the afterlife

Logical fallacy: appeal to authority.

>the Catholic church is the real Deal being thriving for 2010 years without fall.

After torturing and murdering the opposition for centuries.

Also, logical fallacy: appeal to tradition.

Source(s): Show me an actual miracle. Go on. Not a story about a miracle, but an actual one. You can't, because there's NO SUCH THING.

shut the **** up miracles dont happen... things just happen whether they are really bad or really good... with the right circumstances anything could happen... and how could you call an atheist ignorant? because they dont believe in something which can not be scientifically proven? fairy tales? something thats all in your mind? get the **** out of here... If you "HAVE" to believe in something then its not real.