Tim McGraw or George Strait?

Who do you like better? I personally like Tim McGraw better but I just wanted to hear other opinions.

Favorite Answer

George Strait by far. I only like some of Tims older songs (down on the farm, indian outlaw, don't take the girl)... Where as I love all of George Straits songs. I've seen him 4 times in concert, and he is amazing. He is just such a classy guy. Very down to earth for being as famous as he is. I grew up listening to his music, and after all these years he is still putting out hits. When Tim is around as long as George and still relevant, then maybe I'd take him more seriously, but for now, he hasn't done anything to prove to me that he's that great. And to whoever said Tim is country, and George has pop in is songs, what on earth were you listening to???? George is country to the core. Tim sang over & over again with Nelly... a rapper!! C'mon. And to those who chose Tim because "he's hot"... that isn't what country music is about, its about talent, which George is oozing with. Plus, for the record, he's hot too.

• Chris Brown
      3 years agoReport

What do you like about George Strait?https://searchandfindinformation2.wordpress.com/

• Elle

Love them both, but George Strait wins this battle. He's just a classic cowboy who's had an amazing career. Not that Tim McGraw isn't good or successful in his own right. It's just that to me, country music and George Strait are synonymous.

Eric Church sings a song that has a lyric: "Any song sung by George Strait is country at its best." << To me, that's a fact, lol.

George Strait is way better than Tim McGraw.

Tim McGraw

George Strait

George Strait

• George Strait

This is no contest.

George Strait has more talent in his little finger than Tim McGraw could ever hope to possess.

• Jordan

George is the best.

This is why I think George beats Tim:

Tim:

picked and (wrote a few) good songs throughout his career, with few clunkers

is a very good singer

makes the charts when he is active

virtually dropped of the radar for the past few years before his recent resurgence

has a pretty, talented (singer) wife

George:

has picked great songs to comprise every album of since 1981 without a clunker

brought back real country music when it was falling out of the mainstream

is one of the best male singers of, at least, his generation

consistently makes the charts

has been active throughout his career, without stopping

at 57 he still sounds as good as ever, is as active as ever, and still topping the charts

...and he basically helped to propel Tim McGraw to the success he has been during much the last decade or so.

That is why George is better, but hey Tim is pretty good himself.

(No hard feelings Tim fans, I just like George better.)

Tim Straight or George McGraw their both good