promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I feel Worthless should i feel sad?

hey im 16 and work at a workshop for my uncle in the ffamily buisness they want me to become a mechanic and at the workshop he said i should become a engineer so i can weld but i sed i cant and stuff he didnt really look happy, and none of my family dont believe in my music and im a good musician and hope to go to school for it and i feel pretty worthless cause no 1 believes in me and people say dont do what you dont love. right? thanx.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

i think in the end its best to do what makes you happy. i was in a similar situation and my sister wasnt supportive of the college i wanted to go to. i want to go to a community college and its best for me and i'll be able to get a job on the side. but since she cant brag to her friends about me going to a big university she wasnt supportive. she didnt tell me that was the reason but i know thats what it was. im not listening to her or anyone else. i think you should also have a career to fall back on. but do what you like to do. because at the end of the day its your life and you'll be the one with the job and going to the job everyday.

please answer my question

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AubOw...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The idea of you being mocked for being 28 and single is pretty bad. I'm 38 and in the process of being dumped by what I thought was the love of my life. Hurts like everything, but I know I will be fine. And Guess what.... YOU will be fine too. Life is all about experiences. Each experience makes you a stronger, more well rounded person with a much richer life. Even the bad experiences do this. As a professional, you are obviously NOT retarded. and there is not a single person on earth that is worthless. It sounds like you have a good bit of passion, openess, and many other good things to offer; both to your friends and the people around you AND to any potential boyfried. If any of those people don't appreciate and respect who you are and what you offer, then surround yourself with different people. Now, head up, chest out, shoulders back, eyes wide open. Enjoy your world. Even with the bad things.... it's still a wonderful place. This above all else... to thine own self, be true.

• 1 decade ago

Bob,

It's difficult to earn a living as a musician. Very few musicians can survive without a full time career outside music. A good mechanic will always have a job. However, you can have both. You can become a mechanic and earn a living during the day, while you take music courses and play in night clubs during the evening.

Your posting would be more effective if you wrote what type of music you like. Are you a singer? Do you play guitar in a band? Are you interested in opera? Are you interested in playing in a symphony orchestra? Are you interested in being a music teacher in the public schools? Are you interested in composing music for movies? Please be more specific.

• 1 decade ago

If doing what you love doesn't pay the bills, keep it as a hobby and get a job that does pay the bills. That's part of living in the adult world. Everyone feels worthless from time to time, and most of us really are useless now and then. Your worth isn't based on your usefulness, but many folks think it is. Please understand that your worth as a human doesn't come from anything you do or don't do, or from your abilities, your popularity, what anyone thinks of you, or anything else you can do anything about. All humans have equal worth just because we're humans. Your feelings don't always agree with that, I know, but it is the truth. Don't confuse usefulness and worth.

If your family business is running a workshop, I say you should learn to enjoy that and keep on playing your music, too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hey Bob...

You're right... If you live breathe music then you should pursue it. It's going to be tough trying to prove it to your parents but if you work hard at it and believe in yourself then things will work out you're still young so you never know when you might change your mind bur for now hang on to what you have and use all your family's negative opinion as motivation to prove you right. Only you can let you down and nobody else.

It's what you believe in that counts!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I say follow ur dreams of being a musician but also if ur really good and if u want to be an engineer too study both of those career in case one of them should fail

• 1 decade ago

Your family probably wants to get a job where you can support yourself and live well.

They may have a difficult time understanding what music means to you if its not something important to them. Find other people that like music also.

• 1 decade ago

Isn't "Doing what you love most" the road to a happy job?

Besides, if you get a job you don't like you're going to suck at it.

You're family really just sounds like a fairy tale. Kinda ignorant.

• 1 decade ago

argh dude thats sad. im nearly sixteen. kinda know what it feels like, wanna add me on facebook or msn or email or somthing? we could get in contact? im genuine by the way lol

i'd love to talk anything out with you :)

my emails willislush@hotmail.com :D

Source(s): my head.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you just need yourself as long as you believe in yourself you can pull through

just BELIEVE be your own best friend

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.