HMO vs. PPO aetna dental health insurance? HELP?

HMO vs. PPO aetna dental health insurance?

so my school offers an option to student to get dental insurance from Aetna

we have two choices:

1- Aetna Advantage Dental (HMO) for $131 dollars for spring semester only

2-Aetna Dental PPO $235 for spring semester only

What's the difference between both? Which is better? Which covers more? Which one would you choose and why?

Full Points for best answer

Favorite Answer

The key difference is basically one. Do you have a special dentist that you MUST see that is not listed in Aetna's HMO network? If so, then go with the PPO. (Preferred Provider) Check their web site for the list.

If you just need a dentist to be able to handle the routine cleaning and cavities, go with the HMO. You can always ask around and see who is on the list that is good to go to. What will be covered as far as procedure wise is the same, but you will pay more out of your pocket for the PPO, both ways......with initial cost and when you see the dentist. Trust me.....we have Aetna, have had others, and this is a very sore subject with me. We have to carry the PPO because not enough docs and dentist around our area accept the HMO.

The statement made that "if it cost more it must be better" is absolutely absurd and this is the kind of person that the insurance companies love to deal with. (And take money from)

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av0Kp

A PPO insurance is where are dentist is in a certain network of insurance companies and they get a discounted price for things so what that one dentist said is you pay him and then when your insurance approval comes through or whatever they pay he will give back. It takes a couple weeks to get a approval for alot of work through companies. But there are alot of varieties among PPO plans so if you are looking to find one i would see what the coverage of procedures they pay for. An HMO insurance plan is where you pay the insurance and that insurance company pays the dentist a bulk of money if you use the dentists services or not. Many dental offices now are PPO's because it is more helpful for the patient rather than HMO's. I work at a dental office that is in the PPO plan and I think it is a really good plan. If you need a cleaning along with dental work i would recommend trying to find a dental hygiene program. They are always looking for willing patients to come in! Then there will be more benefits/money for other procedures you might need.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

we have two choices:

What's the difference...

Source(s): hmo ppo aetna dental health insurance help: https://shortly.im/bpWZa

If the PPO has a higher premium, it must offer better benefits. But make sure you see how many and who the providers are before you sign up. Aetna will provide you with the info. Good luck

Source(s): A dentist

You will have a harder time finding a dentist to take the DHMO insurance. Payment from the insurance companies is very low and most dentists refuse to take it as a majority can acutaly lose money seeing these patients. From what I understand, the only one that takes it around here only sees those patients 2 days a week and there is a huge waiting list to get in to see them. I have tons of people that come to my office every year because the decided the cheapest wasn't necessarily the best for them.

Source(s): Dentist

ppo Aetna inc

I recommend one to try this website where you can compare rates from different companies: http://insurancetocompare.info/index.html?src=5YAr...

RE :HMO vs. PPO aetna dental health insurance? HELP?

we have two choices:

Full Points for best answer

Follow 3 answers

Source(s): I recommend one to try this website where you can compare rates from different companies: http://insurancetocompare.info/index.html?src=5YAr...

Overcome Fear Of Dentist - http://dentalbook.uzaev.com/?UVad