Brad
Brad asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

America now has less economic freedom than Canada. Should we consider moving north of the border?

http://www.heritage.org/Index/Country/UnitedStates

http://www.heritage.org/Index/Ranking.aspx

This is the 2010 list, in order:

1.Hong Kong

2.Singapore

3.Australia

4.New Zealand

5.Ireland

6.Switzerland

7.Canada

8.United States

41.Mexico (only nation in North America to increase its economic freedom in past year)

The United States’ economic freedom score is 78.0, making its economy the 8th freest in the 2010 Index. Its score is 2.7 points lower than last year, reflecting notable decreases in financial freedom, monetary freedom, and property rights. The United States has fallen to 2nd place out of three countries in the North America region.

The U.S. government’s interventionist responses to the financial and economic crisis that began in 2008 have significantly undermined economic freedom and long-term prospects for economic growth. Economic freedom has declined in seven of the 10 categories measured in the Index.

Uncertainties caused by ongoing regulatory changes and politically influenced stimulus spending have discouraged entrepreneurship and job creation, slowing recovery. Leadership in free trade has been undercut by “Buy American” provisions in stimulus legislation and failure to pursue previously agreed free trade agreements with Panama, Colombia, and South Korea. Tax rates are increasingly uncompetitive, and massive stimulus spending is creating unprecedented deficits. Bailouts of financial and automotive firms have generated concerns about property rights.

I am pretty sure that is what the plan is, for some time in the near future. But can you imagine the free flow of drugs flowing from South America, into the already corrupted Mexico, and just free flowing all the to Canada? How about all these possible terrorists that could come and go as they pleased? Isn't that the fear our government wants us to be losing sleep over every night? In order to have a global government, Which I am not for, they need to break the world up into Unions. Say 10 total around the world. So now instead of having 290 countries and 290 leaders, they narrow it down into just 10 leaders, looking our for each of their little countries. This would give these 10 leaders very much power over the people of this world. And eventually, have one leader over them all. You could say this is very Biblical in every sense. Anyway, I am a very strong Christian, and I know that God's plan will prevail, we as Christians win in the end, so I say, its is all part of a grander plan, if it is to be, then it will be.

If I post something and cite NORML or the DNC, will you give me credibility? Besides, America is the only country on earth that is willing to put up with Republican Americans. You would come back after a week.

We have Democrats and a muslim president running the country into the ground with their spending.

I hope you're enjoying the change.

Yep. I'm a New Yorker moving to Toronto, Canada. More jobs, better quality of life.

But you don't have to rake my word for it. see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAB9mK6n0A

Youtube thumbnail

Naw, I would rather move to New Zealand.

• No, it's cold enough here. Australia sounds good though...

Canada's bacon sucks...lol...I'm staying put...lol

Source(s): wasup with that ham they call bacon?? lol

Too cold, brrrrr.

We don't want Americans....

Source(s): Canadian.

Gross. No.