Moving to Normandy, France?

Hi My wife and I hope to move to Normandy this summer. We have two boys aged 7 and 9. We intend to rent a property there for the first year so as to see how we settle prior to making any longer term commitments. My questions are: 1, Where is the best region for non French (at the moment but will work hard at... show more Hi
My wife and I hope to move to Normandy this summer. We have two boys aged 7 and 9. We intend to rent a property there for the first year so as to see how we settle prior to making any longer term commitments.
My questions are:
1, Where is the best region for non French (at the moment but will work hard at this) speaking English people to settle?
2, Would our children be accepted into a School even though they do no speak French ie would a majority of teachers and French Schoolchildren speak reasonable English and thus help in the short term as the boys learn French?
Any further Advice would be most appreciated
Michael