RBLee asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

Where do I find census records on the following names?

Surnames: Lee/Eubanks

The parents of Margaret Eubanks were: Edward R. Eubanks and Clara (Fritz). Edward was born in Benton, Ill., married between 1882-1902 in DuQuoin, Perry County, Ill. and passed away in West Frankfort, Franklin County, Ill.

All we know of Clara Fritz is that she is buried in Tamaroa, Perry County, Ill. and that her mother was possibly an orphan that was inforally adopted by an aunt and uncle.

Margaret Eubanks married Vernon Ralph Lee on March of 1922 in Centralia. Margaret Eubanks was born April 9, 1902 in Little Rock, Pulaski county, Arkansas. She had brothers, twins, Ed & Ted. Margaret passed away on March 8, 1993 in Normal, Ill.

Vernon Ralph Lee was born Jan. 26, 1895 in Mt. Vernon, Jefferson county, Ill. Died Oct. 1969 in West Franklfort, Franklin County, Ill.

Margaret and Vernon were my grandparents on my father's sid

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tina
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1930 United States Federal Census about V R Lee

Name: V R Lee

Home in 1930: Frankfort, Franklin, Illinois

View Map

Estimated birth year: abt 1895

Birthplace: Illinois

Relation to Head of House: Head

Spouse's name: Margaret

Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:

View image

Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age

V R Lee 35

Margaret Lee 27

Richard Lee 2 5/12

Fada R Lee 1 2/12

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&...

U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 about Vernon Ralph Lee

Name: Vernon Ralph Lee

Birth Date: 26 Jan 1895

Birth Place: MT Vernon

Residence: West Frankfort, Illinois

Race: White

Roll: 30955_165863

Social Security Death Index about Vernon Lee

Name: Vernon Lee

SSN: 343-05-1345

Last Residence: 62896 West Frankfort, Franklin, Illinois, United States of America

Born: 26 Jan 1895

Died: Oct 1969

State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951)

I believe more could be found, I just am not familiar enough with your familiy to be able to tell if I have the right family but I believe these records belong with your Vernon Ralph Lee.

Your public libraries will most likely have both Ancestry.com and Heritage Quest.com free for anyone to use while at the library and with a library card you should be able to use Heritage Quest at home. Both of these will give you access to all of the US Federal Census records..

Source(s): Sources in text of answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have spent a lot of time researching how to obtain public records on people and discovered there are essentially two ways to do it.

The Free Way –

You will first need some basic information on the person such as their full name and different counties they have lived in. Once you get this data, check out a list of the court houses in the areas the person has lived. The court houses will never give you any information on the phone so you need to go down and request the information in person.

Hopefully you have selected the correct court house which is storing the records you would like to view (sometimes this can be a crapshoot). Some places will only let you look at the records at the court while others will make a copy for free or for a minor fee.

The Other Way –

For folks who do not have the time to act like a private investigator, for a small fee you can access an online data base of public records which stores information on all citizens in all 50 states. While it’s not free, for the amount of time it can actually save you the service is quite a bargain.

The results can be obtained within minutes. The service also offers a full 60 day guarantee, so if you are unhappy you have two months to get a refund.

The service I have used with the most success is Spyspace - http://spyspace.org/

Simply enter their first and last name and get a free instant preview of the results.

• 1 decade ago

1910 US CENSUS - Tamaroa, Perry, Illinois

Edward R Eubank b. 1869 IL (married 13 years)

Clara Eubank b. 1874 KY (has had 6 chidren, 5 are living)

Frank Eubank b. 1898 IL

Margart Eubank b. 1902 AR

Edward Eubank b. 1906 IL

Charles Eubank b. 1906 IL

Virginia Eubank b. 1909 (6 mos old) IL

Source(s): ancestry.com
  • 1 decade ago

That is really cool that you have all that information. you can get more from the county itself check out the paperwork that they have. there has to be a birth record for Clara Fritz somewhere. were the aunt and uncle fritz?

I don't know how to help you but you sound like you know what you are doing anyway

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

www.ancestry.com has all the census records from 1790 to 1930. Also Marriage, birth, military, immigration, property deeds. Signing up is worth the price.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.