Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can a non-Christian absolutely oppose an evil moral view?

From a point of view that does not worship Christ, is there such a thing as an evil moral view? Can non-Christian absolutely oppose a Nazi morality for instance? Or, would they have to admit that Nazi morality is only relatively evil?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Another product of public education. I don't need to be a believer in christ to think that Nazi's coming in the middle of the night and killing my neighbors is evil. Especially when they would come for me the next night just because I spoke to the neighbors. Nazi's didn't think that they were wrong, but then they thought they were the chosen people also, much like you seem to think. While we are on the subject, what makes you any different from the Nazi's. You, collectively, are killing people in Uganda because you don't like the way they think, no different from Nazi's. You, collectively want to force atheists to read the bible, but funny, we are atheists because we read the bible. You, collectively with Bush, want to force the population of the US to christianity since, and this is a quote, "an atheist cannot be a patriot".

• Personal judgements means that there will be many things that people see as an "evil moral view"

Relative evil is still evil, of course good and evil are merely opinion.

This atheist absolutely opposes Nazi morality. Christians do not, they can not. Both Hitler and God used eugenics, one by gas chamber the other by global flood.

• 1 decade ago

Morality affects everyone and is not a product of religion. Religion tries to capture the principles of morality, not the other way around. The fact of it is, atheists and more likely to be moral and authentic because they are doing FOR morality sake - not out of a fear of being punished. (coercion)

• so
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Actually the Nazis were Christians, using their own Baptismal Certificates for identification purposes (proving they weren't Jewish). So, based on your train of thought, your question should be, "Is it possible for Christians not to become Nazis or something similar." Or more simply, "Why do Christians have the historical need to enslave or kill other groups or races?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Other belief structures have standards for good and evil too. Same as Christianity. It's as absolute as other systems.

• 1 decade ago

Let me get this strait. You are basically implying that a non-Christian person has no morals? Congratulations on the logical fallacy of the day.

• 1 decade ago

To oppose something absolutely is not the same as believing something to be absolutely evil.

One is a choice you make, the other is a condition you live under.

• 1 decade ago

We're genetically and sociologically disposed to regard some things as bad or evil. Religion is simply one way of directing that disposition.

• 1 decade ago

christianity is not the only source of morality and ethics, as surprising as this concept may be to you. Most of what is considered "christian" is borrowed thinking anyway (the ideas predate their adoption by "christianity").

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

your entire concept is flawed. it is one of elitism and exclusivity. you demonize those that do not share your views. that is clearly bigoted!

morals are human nature. not religions, and specifically, not Christian in origin. if it harms another, it's bad. it's common sense. i, nor anyone else, does not need to read a book to know that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.