Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 1 decade ago

Has any of you ever had any paranormal sightings and i dont mean hearing things i mean actualy seeing them?

Im doing some research to find out if ghosts and spirits exist on earth and i would like to hear peoples stories.

Favorite Answer

Yes, but then the mushrooms wore off.

• Ghosty

Well, you have to understand that approximately 70% of paranormal experiences are something that you hear and smell. Seeing something is a minority experience and the most unlikely experience is to be touched or grabbed.

All of my visual experiences have been on the Gettysburg Battlefield. For years I visited Gettysburg and had no paranormal experiences. That is something that has happened only in the last several years.

My first possible experience happened four years ago two days before Halloween. I was walking with a friend on the road from Spangler's Spring to the Baltimore Pike when in the bushes off to our right front about 30 feet in front of us there was a "camera flash". We thought, oh neat, a ghost hunter! We went over to talk to the person with the camera and found no one there. We looked all over for that person, and unless he hid very well from us, no one was there. We discussed our experience, and thought the flash was not as bright and had a yellow tinge to it compared to all the digital camera flashes we saw on Culp's Hill. Was it an out of time muzzle flash? I don't know.

If it was someone with a camera he did a wonderful job of hiding from us without making any noise.

Another time I was near the Wheatfield Road near the Wheatfield. In one of the patches of woods, the one between the Wheatfield and Little Round Top we saw a camp fire. We watched the camp fire for at least five minutes. After it disappeared, we went to where we saw it. We saw no people around and no evidence of a camp fire.

One night at a distance of 12 feet we encountered the dark ghost of what we think was a Confederate soldier. We could clearly see the outline, but any details of clothing and features were in total silhouette. Upon approach, it reacted in a way that no living human being was capable of.

That was my "flip experience" that made me a believer in ghosts.

Another night we were on the north bridge over Rose Run when we say someone dark in total silhouette approach us up the trolley path. He never arrived. He did not turn around. If he would have gone off trail in those woods we would certainly heard him in the leaf clutter and brush.

Another time while sitting on Little Round Top both of us saw the Lantern Man, which is a residual haunting in the Slaughter Pen. The legend has that it is a man going around that area of the battlefield with a lantern looking for the wounded and dead. I know it is a legend, both of us saw it and it wasn't someone currently living who came on the battlefield and fired up a lantern.

The skeptics will say I was on drugs or drunk or mentally ill or both of us were hallucinating. They love to slander and mock someone who has had experiences they haven't had. I was none of the above whenever I saw what I saw.

So, get out there in places which have a reputation for being haunted and get your own experiences.

Don't be disappointed when the majority of the time nothing happens. Unlike Ghost TV, the ghosts and spirits do not perform on command. Remember you will often hear or smell something instead of seeing it. I never expect anything to happen and it is with a sense of wonder when I do have something happen to me. The people you will least likely to see there are some of our skeptics and scoffers, who feel much more comfortable being safe at home denying everything,

Source(s): Direct observations on the field

I have only had one. I was about 17 years old and i was on my own watching tv. Suddenly the lights turned off. Obviously I jumped but thought nothing of it, maybe a problem with the electrics. The light switch had been switched off but i shrugged it off and turned them back on, as i was walking away I turned around and saw someones arm reaching around the door frame and switch it off again. I just froze. I called my dogs to come naturally and called the police strait away. Now you have to remember this wasn't a prank and no one was due to be at home all the doors where locked because i was in view of the front door and im on the 6th floor so none could have come through a window, eventually police smashed my door in and searched the house. No one was found. I had view of the front door the entire time and no one left.

Keeping in mind im Atheist and I dont believe in ghosts I still dont have an explaination so it makes u think.

Source(s): Personal

Oh, yes. Over the past 30 years I've experienced voices, lights, objects moving or vanish, human and non-human ghostly apparitions and at one point a spirit carried on a conversation with myself and a friend. The last time was 2002. Because of this, I've done a lot of research and my personal conclusions aren't finalized, but it's entirely safe to say that there is a spiritual realm, and consciousness survives death. Happy hunting!

I have seen between fifty to one hundred times ghost and spirits since age four, actually lost count. Where I live now almost six years, I have seen four spirits here. The one that kept coming to me for four years, I seen her so many times in those four years, she even talks to me, touches, and she allow me to touch her, and she felt real, she always floats and usually come through the windows or through the roof, believed to be my spirit guide. One man walks through walls and through the floor as he is walking on ground level, glowing white believe to be my sons spirit guide or angel. Another is in full details, I heard his foot steps before I seen him. And the last one was the one I dislike, he was I say a demon spirit, my spirit guide helped me to get rid of him.

I know most people won't believe in my stories because they are hard to comprehend, especially because most people don't normally experience these type of things. Well it was basically normal for me all my life, I only recently in the past five years found out that it's not normal, that's when I started speaking openly about it, people thought I was on drugs.

Short & to the point...yes,I have heard,seen,& felt paranormal things since I was very young. They do exist,but proof isn't in the believing they exist...it's in the experiencing their existence. I have lived in several homes that were what I believe to be possessed by evil spirits that actually influenced my & my families behavior,I have seen "the grim reaper",I've seen spirits & ghosts,orbs,dark shadows,heard voices of men,women, "chanting",and children....I have been touched--even strangled--by invisible hands,I have levitated and had out of body experiences. My daughter and grand-daughter have the same ability,and my daughter and I ALWAYS know when the other is in trouble. We literally see what is happening to the other as it is happening.

For those Bible thumpers to deny existence of demons and evil spirits is to say Christ never cast these entities out of people. Which He did. Even casting an entire legion of demons into a herd of swine that ran over a cliff and drowned. Christ warns us of evil spirits posing as friendly ones. They too believe and can quote scripture. It mentions evil spirits controlling peoples behavior in the Bible also,so how can a true Christian deny the very words of the Book they claim to live by?

I am a Christian,and I have experienced years of paranormal activity,so in my opinion,it is real.........

Source(s): Been there...done that. Still doing it!

The disgusting hillbilly that I knew would throw live calfs, cats, and small dogs off a 90ft silo for entertainment. He also ran over several cats at the barn on purpose and he'd go off the rode trying to chase animals to kill. &He'd pump cats full of cow steroids and expired medication and make them suffer, then drive poles through them and watch them slowly die. He also abused/neglected his own horses and pigs. I just think it's mean when people have to do mean things to helpless animals. He'd crack up when he told other people about the things he did. I hope he pays for it one day.

Hearsay is not evidence, and you need evidence to conduct research.

Your "research" isn't going to go very far. What could your conclusion possibly be?

"100,000 people claim to have seen ghosts. Therefore, Ghosts Exist."

I'd suggest a more scientific way of ghost hunting but since nothing has ever worked, I don't know what to recommend.

Yes not only have I saw paranormal activity but, I was lucky enough to catch it on my IR camera. If you goto our website www.etprs.com then go to video section and click on Philadelphia ghost. A full body apparition I caught on camera and also saw with my own eyes. Enjoy

Source(s): www.etprs,com is where the video is. everything on the video was also seen with my own eyes and other investigators that were there at the time.

When I was in college, I and another person simultaneously witnessed a ball of light materialize in the middle of the room and then move across it, disappearing into the wall. It took about 5 seconds and we were absolutely flummoxed by it.

James,I have quite a few experiences over my life time.I've lived in a couple of homes that the people had committed suicide in and their spirits remained behind.They say that when a person commits suicide that their spirit remains behind and is earth bound.I lived in a town house with a cat by myself one time,when I would go to bed my cat was usually with me and I would hear foot steps coming up the stairs,then they would stop at the bedroom door,my cat would be on all fours and his hair would be standing up on end,they say that animals are highly perceptive to any kind of spiritual activity and will alert us to this.This town house had a basement and I would put my cats litter box down stairs and my cat would refuse to use it down there,I had to end up moving it up stairs,another occurrence that happened was my toaster caught on fire in the kitchen and it wasn't even plugged in,this freaked me out.I later had learned from a neighbor that an artist had lived in the home and hung himself in the basement,I ended up moving out of the place.Another home I had lived in for 8 years when I was married also had someone that had committed suicide,I had a young son around the age of 7 and he would often play in the basement and run up stairs and say mama,I heard a mans voice say hello,I had heard this too on several occasions when I would do laundry in the basement,it got to the point that one day when I was doing laundry that I said out loud,look you are welcome to stay here and be a part of my family on one condition and that's that you don't scare my little boy.The hello's dropped off but on occasion I would hear them.It turned out that the previous owner had rented out a room in the basement to a young guy that had committed suicide in the garage.One of my scariest experiences happened in a friends home,I had always had an uneasy feeling every time I entered her home and I couldn't pin point why.She had asked me to spend the night and look over her little girl while she went out of town for the night,I spent the night,put her little girl to bed and watched some TV and then went to bed myself,I woke up at 3:00 in the morning and when I did I looked down the hallway and saw this tall dark figure making it's way towards me in the bedroom,I was terrified,when it reached the end of the bed it grabbed both of my ankles and pulled me towards it and I sat up immediately in bed and when I did it appeared that this figure was pointing a rifle in my face,my first reaction was to grab the barrow of the rifle,when I did this it bent like a piece of rubber and then the entity disappeared,needless to say I sat up the whole time until my friend arrived home and I told her what had happened,she then proceeded to tell me that a man had shot his little girl in the bedroom that I was in with a rifle and then turned the rifle on himself,I never went back to the home again and it ended up burning down,these a just a few of my experiences that I have had.I believe that we live in the physical world but a spiritual world exists as well.Ever since I have become a believer in this phenomena and it's a huge interest of mine,Tomb Raider.