Who knows the Hungarian language?

My grandma used to sing me a song from her mother in law (hungarian) that goes like this...mind you I am only going by how the words sound, not actual spelling of course...

Hoopa Hoopa Reela

A bauer hada filla

a feeny connie lafa

a bauer moose mcCafa

Hoopa, hoopa, HOO!

If someone can tell me what this song is about that would mean a lot to me. She bounced me on her foot when she sang it and kinda throws you up in the air at the end...thanks!

Best Answer

There is a German nursery rhyme 'Hoppe Hoppe Reiter'; I guess you mean that (or one of its variants).

I am Hungarian and none of those words ring any bells with the phonetic pronunciation you used. It is very possible, however, that she knew a song in another language, as they would often teach German and Russian as a foreign language many years ago (now, of course, they all teach English).

Hungary is a landlocked u . s . in the Carpathian Basin of necessary Europe, bordered by potential of Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, and Slovenia. Its capital is Budapest. Hungary is a member of OECD, NATO, ecu and a Schengen state. The actual language is Hungarian additionally primary as Magyar, component of the Finno-Ugric family individuals, subsequently between the 4 actual languages of the ecu Union that are no longer of Indo-ecu commencing place. Following a Celtic (after c. 450 BC) and a Roman (9 BC - c. 4th century) era, the commencing place of Hungary became laid in the previous due 9th Century by potential of the Magyar chieftain Árpád, whose great grandson István ascended to the throne with a crown sent from Rome in 1000. the dominion of Hungary existed with minor interruptions for extra beneficial than 900 years, and at multiple factors became recognized as between the cultural centers of the Western international. It became succeeded by potential of a Communist era (1947-1989) interior which Hungary gained accepted worldwide interest with reference to the Revolution of 1956 and the seminal circulate of taking off its border with Austria in 1989, subsequently accelerating the fall down of the jap Bloc. the present style of government is Parliamentary Republic (1989-). Hungary's cutting-edge objective is to grow to be a developed u . s . by potential of IMF standards, having grow to be already developed by potential of maximum conventional measures, consisting of GDP and HDI[3] (international score thirty sixth and increasing). the country's first ever term of ecu presidency is due in 2011[4]. Hungary is between the 15 maximum widely used vacationer places in the international[5][6], with a capital recognized as between the main appropriate in the international[7][8]. inspite of its particularly small length, the country is living house to multiple international historical past web content, UNESCO Biosphere reserves, the 2nd greatest thermal lake in the international (Lake Hévíz), the biggest lake in necessary Europe (Lake Balaton), and the biggest organic grassland in Europe (Hortobágy).

• V Y..

Kedves Aubrey this is so english-like pronounciation, that it is impossible what it is. Csak azt a szot (=The only word) tudtam kifejteni (to solve): feen=feny=light. Ask her to singing this sog clearly!

Source(s): I know it.

OH MY GOSH!!! MY GRANDPA WOULD SING ME THE SAME SONG AS A KID! No joke! but he was born in Germany... I think people in hungary speak German, but im not positive. I hope that helps.

Source(s): German grandpa who used to sing the SAME EXACT SONG!

I am pretty sure this is not Hungarian.

no mate, thats defff not hungarian.... :))))

lol

cheers

T