Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of my theory about why God lets bad things happen to people?

I think God takes those closest to us because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God and he's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it. So he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

you may be thinking "But then why does God give us anything to start with?"

Well, look at it this way! If you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away! If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothing to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and health, just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry. So he can drink the sweet milk of our tears! You see, it's our tears,that give God his great power.

Favorite Answer

"When God takes away something from your hands, he is only opening them for better things."

I have a theory about life too. And in it, the focus is not in God and what people know about him through the bible is ignored. Let me share it to you.

God is our "creator". This world is something like a training grounds. We live our lives here in order to learn and/or experience what we couldn't in the world which is supposed to be our "real world". There is a process for every souls which I call the "soul development". Our souls need to mature by experiencing various things that are in this world. And the God we know is the designer of this world. He could also possibly be the one who watches over us. And when the right time comes, our lives here are ended. And the things we experience are brought into some kind of use. Maybe it's something needed to power up a weapon or something like that.

So if I were you, I'd live this life I have right now to the fullest. I'll try doing various things that could give a boost to my "soul development" and to others as well by "touching" their lives.

That's just my theory. Hope this helps.

I respectfully disagree. You know, you might think that Christians have a good life just because we're buddies with God. WRONG. I am deeply depressed today, and I am dealing with a lot of stressful issues in life.

I think I understand your point. And you bring up some salient observations. But the God I know is not the way that you have imagined him to be. Your view is very distorted. The enemy has tricked you.

Life is painful, and it is unfair. But it isn't just you who has been singled out for misery. I am sorry if I am being insensitive- you sound like you have suffered a lot. I am sorry that these things have befallen you. Ever hear the song "Message in a bottle" by the Police? It might be sobering for you to know that many of us are in the same storm as you find yourself in. And even if we are not, a storm is coming over the horizon for us. That is the way life is.

Source(s): Christian.

for some reason you both seem right.... and did you say police???