My digital camera says it has a Lens/ Focus error. What can I do to fix this immediately?

I have a FUJIFILM S5100 with 10x optical zoom. Very recently I tried to use my camera and as soon as I turned it on it read on the screen that there was a FOCUS ERROR. I just had used it a couple of minutes earlier and everything was fine. What can I do to fix this immediately? Help Please!

Best Answer

Does the lens extend as it should? Or does it stay inside the camera? You wrote lens/focus error in your question which could be two different problems entirely. A lens error could mean that its stuck and happens all the time and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much you can do about it other than gently trying to unstick it. If its a focus error that could mean that the motor which focuses the lens is broken or jammed somehow or that some other component is preventing it from focusing. Either way if you can somehow gently get it working again (tapping it on your hand to loosen things up , be careful) the next step would be to call a support line for Fujifilm and see what they say. Can it be replaced under warranty or perhaps fixed? After you have done that and it all fails then you can look into bringing it to a local camera shop to perhaps see if you can pay to have it fixed there. If that fails as well its time for a new camera. Good luck!

Look at your user manual or use the link below to the online S1500 user manual.

Page 104 says if you see this message turn the camera off then back on. If the message persists contact Fuji service.

Pages 114 through 117 list the worldwide contact phone numbers.

The camera got stuck in PLAY mode. Switch off camera, remove batteries. Wait a few seconds. Reinsert batteries. Restart camera. Enter CAMERA mode. Zoom lens in and out. Enter PLAY mode, then back to CAMERA mode.

If that doesn't work, don't open camera - send for repairs.