Help! DSLR Camera ADVICE PLEASE?

I am looking into buying my first DSLR camera... and I have narrowed the field down to three possible cameras. The Canon EOS 500D or its predecessor the 450D or the Nikon D5000. They all seem to be good cameras and so in the end its simply going to be the best deal that decides what camera I will buy. While... show more I am looking into buying my first DSLR camera... and I have narrowed the field down to three possible cameras. The Canon EOS 500D or its predecessor the 450D or the Nikon D5000. They all seem to be good cameras and so in the end its simply going to be the best deal that decides what camera I will buy. While looking on Ebay I have noticed that there seem to be these WAY too good to be true price deals that offer 'NEW CANON EOS Rebel XSi 450D Digital Camera +5 Lens Kit
* LOADED CANON KIT * Canon USA Warranty * FREE SHIP *' Why is this? Can they be trusted? Also... any advice on DSLR cameas in general would be greatly appriciated. THANKS
Update: Ok... first of all... THANKYOU to all of you who answered! Its really helped... check out my new question if you feel like helping me even more ;)