Who else don't qualify for a long-time homeowner tax credit?

we don't qualify because we bought our house on august 2009, and this is our second house, we are trying to sell our first house, without success, meanwhile everybody else is getting a tax credit, I think this is so not fair at all, we also are tax payers, they should do it for all 2009 house buyers.

Update:

you don't have to sell the old residence to qualify, but the new one does have to become your primary residence.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, fair would have been having NO credit at all.

I'm not moving, so MY tax dollars are paying for people who would have bought and moved anyway.

• Ryan M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why should they? Should they also give it to people who bought in 2008? 2007? 2006? There MUST be a cut-off at some point.....you just happen to be on the wrong side of it. No matter WHEN the cut-off is, SOMEONE will be crying that it should be extended. Also, you claim about "everyone else" getting a credit is ignorant at best. Lastly, you have not even sold your house yet!!! That is the #1 requirement for that tax credit. So you are crying about not getting a tax credit that you are not even eligible for EVEN if it was extended to all of 2009.

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.