? asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

if i have a best friend who is a vet, and we live together is there a better chance of me being able 2 be a db?

d.b=dog breeder.

i hav 2 friends and we're all planning on living in phoenix, arizona and buying 20 acres of land and building our own house. 1 of us will be an actress, 2 of us will be vets (me only for 2 years) and 1 of us will be an animal ambassador handler and dog breeder. all 3 of us will be singers. we're not lesbians! dog breeding is my passion and i would like to improve the shiloh shepherd breed, the doberman breed, the siberian husky breed, and the german shepherd breed.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is fun to plan for the future, but it is easy to think that you will be able to do a lot of things all at once, without realizing all of the effort and time that goes into achieving all of the things. For instance, it takes quite a while to become a vet, going to college and then graduate school, and even then it takes time to become established. There is nothing wrong with dreaming big, just remember that dreams can change. Don't be so attached to one vision of the future that you can't enjoy other options that come your way.

• Login to reply the answers
  • TK
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

And will the others support you as you take on such an expensive and time consuming venture? I mean financially support you? Singers are a dime a dozen, so that rarely pays the bills. You plan to be a veterinarian, but only for two years? Do you know how long and how much it takes to earn a DVM? A minimum of eight years and tens of thousands of dollars. Most vets come out of school with student loans that take years to pay off.

Having a friend who is a vet can help you predict the genetics of a litter. You may also get a discount on the health testing you’ll be doing, especially with the breeds you’re planning on having. You do have years of experience with these breeds? You’ve chosen some very strong working breeds.

How about this. Go ahead and live communally while you get your BS Degree at the university. When you have that in your hand then look around and decide where you want to go from there.

• 1 decade ago

Wow --- a life all planned, amazing. Singers, actors, "animal ambassador handler" - what a play that would make.

Kid, it's going to take a lot of schooling, hard work, and downright luck for any of you to get what you are dreaming of - and that's what you are doing, dreaming, not planning. Plans have a course of action and common sense to an end, not just kiddy conclusions (I want to be a fireman when I grow up).

Not saying you shouldn't have dreams, but you need to work for them. What you don't need is to involve innocent beings in them, meaning dogs - any breed. Takes a lot more than what you want to do any of these things, so leave dogs out of it until you are grown, educated, in your actual career and have time, money and, above all, knowledge and experience before you breed dogs.

Anything less and you are just another byb, as someone already pointed out.

More work, more schooling, some reality checks -- less pipe dreams are in order for you and your friends.

• 1 decade ago

The only career that is readily obtainable is becoming a vet. The chances of just one becoming a singer is nearly impossible...the chances of all 3 of you becoming singers...is impossible. Same with one becoming an actress. You're obviously still in Junior High...these plans never work out...friends loose touch...and friends get married. Making it impossible to guarantee that the 3 of you will be single, financially stable enough, and still friends in order to succeed in this plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to concentrate on ONE breed. You should also understand that breeding dogs can be very time consuming and expensive, it could end up being a full time job. It is for my breeder. She barely breaks even every year, she's definitely not in it for the money.

What would being a lesbian (or not) have to do with anything?

• 1 decade ago

I'd be surprised if any of you accomplish anything on that list. If dog breeding, rather than an actual breed is your passion, then you have no hope of actually improving anything. Stick with singing

• 1 decade ago

And what does the fact that you're going to be singers have to do with this? How old are you guys? Are you in middle school and planning this??

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You sound like a BYBing TROLL, wanting to become a puppy mill/farm

There is enough fake wanna be's on here now, please slither back under your bridge

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

BYB's are BYB's, no matter what your career is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.