Has anyone's husband ever argued for the SMALLER tv?

The old TV died so my husband and I went shopping for our first new TV in 10 years. Obviously TV's have changed a LOT since we bought our last one. I picked out a nice TV and my husband actually argued with me that it was TOO BIG!!! I won the argument, but I couldn't believe he wanted the smaller one. I... show more The old TV died so my husband and I went shopping for our first new TV in 10 years. Obviously TV's have changed a LOT since we bought our last one. I picked out a nice TV and my husband actually argued with me that it was TOO BIG!!! I won the argument, but I couldn't believe he wanted the smaller one. I walked in thinking it would be the opposite and he'd want something bigger than what I wanted. Both sets were within our TV budget and had equally good pictures, so size was really the only difference.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is this one for the record books?
Update: Susan, I just tried to picture you acting as a human antenna. LOL John, the TV room is also the cat's playroom. Do you have ESP or something? The quality of the sets was the same. (the smaller set was less expensive, but cost vs. quality was not the issue.) The only issue was the size. When... show more Susan, I just tried to picture you acting as a human antenna. LOL

John, the TV room is also the cat's playroom. Do you have ESP or something?

The quality of the sets was the same. (the smaller set was less expensive, but cost vs. quality was not the issue.)

The only issue was the size. When switching from a 4:3 screen to a 16:9 screen you HAVE to go bigger than you had before. (says me)

It's a small room, so we're not even talking gigantic TV's anyway. I'm talking 40" vs. 32". We almost compromised on a 37", but they were out of stock. Lucky for me. hehe

There is only one place to put the set, so I can't/don't rearrange it. The new TV is about 1/3 the weight of the old CRT set, if that.

Now that it's set up and connected to HD cable, my husband is glad I "talked him into" getting the bigger one. It's our first HDTV and he's impressed. I hope I haven't created a monster. ;)