TPS on a Yota Pickup HELPPPPPPP PLEASE?

I replaced my TPS Valve tonight after trying to find out why my engine was stalling. i put it on and i dont think i (1) did it right or (2) messed something up when i did it. i think i installed it wrong. i just set it in the hole didn't turn anything or nothing i cant figure out if i was suppose to turn anything or what. please help i have got to drive in the morning.

Favorite Answer

You might have to turn it just a little to get it to go into the hole,,if it went right into the hole it's ok ,because if it wasn't lined up it wouldn't go into the hole. You need to remove the pos(+) cable from the battery for a few seconds to reset the (TPS)Throttle position sensor. The (IAC) idle air control valve is the one next to the (TPS) it could be bad ,causing your truck not to run. By removing the battery cable will also reset the check engine light.

Source(s): 30 years working on vehicle's.