Logic question involving fish.?

What does fish + fish = ?

I believe that fish + fish = 2*fish. But my friend believes that fish + fish = fish.

Can anyone help resolve this problem.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

fish + fish = 2 fish when you're talking about math, but your friend is right, too. "Fish" is a noun that's both singular AND plural. So, your friend is saying that (one) fish + (one) fish = (two/more than one/plural) fish. So, both of you are correct, in different ways (math and English). However, if the the "fish" and "fish" were used plurally, you would be incorrect because you thought of them as singular. But, because no one specified whether or not it's singular or plural, you are correct, from your perspective. Kapiche?

Hope this helps.

Answer my simple math question, please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqfAl...

Thanks.

Source(s): My LA knowledge =] I'm not the best math student, but I know enough to know that 1 + 1 = 2 xD.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Fish+Fish=2 Fish. Mathematically.

• 10 years ago

we don't know the system being used. Since its sufficiently vauge, both perspectives are correct. fish + fish = fish because fish in also a plurality, while fish + fish = 2 fish is correct too sich fish is single as well.

So really since both perspectives are equally truthful, your a creator in this realm, choose the perspective you want to live in.

Obviously your friend probably disagreed with you to give you a hard time, so perhaps, for fun, try to find a perspective that turns the table on him, to give him a hard time for levity. The dynamics of psychology make you the chooser on the perspective. Choose wisely.

• 10 years ago

well fish + fish can't be 2 fish because both of the fish in the equation could be plurual, the answer could be FISH, or it could be FISHES, fishes is used when you're talking about multiply types or groups of fish... or it could be A SCHOOL thats what you call a grouping of fish

Heres one for you a SHOAL can describe any group of fish. I bet the answer is SHOAL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

fish + fish = fisheS, lol who knows. This answer to this question can go many ways

• 10 years ago

fish + fish = fish

Win

Source(s): Amazing knowledges
  • 10 years ago

thats fishy. or probably what you said, 2*fish

• 10 years ago

You're using math, your friend is using grammar.

• 10 years ago

the answer is shark

Source(s): Obvious answer is obvious
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.