External Harddrive - Same as Flash Drive?

Hi, I know the basics of how to use a usb flash drive. I have an 8GB flash drive and I just plug it in, drage the files over, and done.

I was wondering if those 200+ GB external harddrives are the same?

I was thinking about downloading alot of dramas and movies, but I dont have space on my normal harddrive.

If I buy one for about a $100, do I just plug it into the usb port, and drag the files over?

Thanks!

• 4REEE
    Best Answer

Yes it works the same way: Drag and drop.

Just make sure that you get one that is USB powered and *doesn't* require an AC adapter.

Also, keep in mind that flash drives are more rugged. If you drop one, most of the time it will still work.

If you drop a USB hard drive. . . Not good!

*

*

*

Yes they're just a huge flash drive. I have a WD my book Essentials 1TB I like it. It's very simple. Just plug the power supply in, then plug the external hard drive in to a USB port, and you're good to go.

Source(s): Computer Tech

Just about.

Be aware that an external hard drive and a portable hard drive are different. (External hard drives rely on Mains power; portable hard drives normally use 2-usb connectors for power and are generally smaller/worse)

You may or may not need drivers for this; probably not though.

The mechanics of both the hard drive and flash drive are very different, but once its turned on and plugged it, you can use it virtually exactly the same way.

• Nikola

Yes, they are the 100% same. When you plug it in, it will show as new HDD and it will be 100% empty. You can drag and drop whatever you want onto them.

yeah they are drag and drop just make sure u get one with a usb

counting on how large the report is you'd be in a position to move them by utilising cd once you've a cd burner if no longer thumbdive is the thanks to bypass ,you'll get a sturdy 4 gig or so less than 60 funds