promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

Is there a connection between Eiichiro Oda and Hiro Mashima?

from One Piece and Fairy Tail

someone said Hiro was Oda's assistant but idk if that's true

what is it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why does Hiro Mashima’s FAIRY TAIL remind so many people of Eiichiro Oda’s ONE PIECE? Is it because Mashima was once Oda’s assistant?

NO!

Rather, they were both influenced by the great Akira Toriyama, who created Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Z among other things:

According to Mashima’s publisher, Hiro Mashima was not only never Eiichiro Oda’s assistant–he has never served as an assistant to any artist at all. Mashima has pretty much been a superstar from the beginning–and from a startlingly young age. Born in 1977, Mashima has already crammed several careers of comics creation into a short period: 35 volumes of his first blockbuster, Rave Master, the new sensation Fairy Tail, simultaneous with a new series for Kodansha’s Shonen Rival , Monster Hunter.

As it turns out, there’s a much simpler explanation for the resemblance, and it’s one of the biggest forces in manga ever: Akira Toriyama. Eiichiro Oda and Hiro Mashima are both members of a generation who grew up obsessed with Toriyama and all things Dragon Ball , and whose styles were forged by Toriyama worship. Another reminder that even masters like Mashima and Oda started out as the same thing: fans

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • boller
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hiro Mashima One Piece

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awnR9

Excellent question. i will try my level best to answer. i will be happy if it gives you satisfaction. Now we will go to the answer. my answer: yes, it is true as per valmiki ramayana that sita questions Hanuman. we will see details step by step. Sita was in Ashoka vana while questioning Hanuman. what is the need of asking this question to Hanuman by sita ? This we will see later. Hanuman came to srilanka to meet sita as a messenger of Rama and in ashoka vana. Before sita seeing hanuman, Ravana came to ashoka vana to see sita and the cruel taunts of ravana pierced the tender heart of sita. After his departure, sita decides something to quit the body. Hanuman appears before her and told that '' rama fares well and he sent me here to acquaint you with it. i came here to take back news of you to him '' and thus hanuman narrated the events to sita. hanuman after a while standing before her with his palms joined above his head. sita got a doubt since ravana the master of illusory arts may be with new avatar. Hence, to clear her doubts sita asked Hanuman this: '' how could there be any relation between the monkeys, bereft of reason, and rama and lakshmana of the line of ikshvaku and the spiritual disciples of maharish vashishta ? '' Seetha asks Hanuman to describe the various characteristics of Rama and Lakshmana. Hanuman describes in detail to Seetha the appearance and qualities of Rama and Lakshmana. Hanuman also gives an account of how a friendship developed between Rama and Lakshmana as well as Sugreeva the Lord of monkeys. Hanuman also narrates his own life-story from the time he was born till his role as a minister of Sugreeva. He ends the story with his sight of Seetha in Lanka. Hearing that narration about Rama from Hanuman the excellent of monkeys, Seetha in a sweet voice spoke the following gentle words: kva te raameNa samsargaH katham jaanaasi lakShmaNam | vaanaraaNaam naraaNaam ca katham aasiit samaagamaH || 5-35-2 "Where was your contact with Rama? How do you know Lakshmana? How did the union between monkeys and men arise?" valmiki ramayana Chapter [Sarga] 35. "O Hanuma! What are the characteristics of Rama and Lakshmana? Narrate them to me, so that sorrow will not take possession of me again." "Of what kind was the appearance of that Rama and of Lakshmana? Of what kind was their form? How were the thighs? How were the arms? Tell me." Hearing the words of Seetha, Hanuman, the son of wind-god, then started to describe Rama. After explaining about Rama and Lakshmana, hanuman is telling how friendship started between Rama and sugreeva. "Rama and Lakshmana, the two tigers among men, very anxiously desirous of seeing you and searching all over the earth, came in contact with us." "Those two brothers Rama and Lakshmana, wandering only in search of you all over the earth, saw Sugreeva the Lord of monkeys, sitting on the top of Rishyamuka mountain, filled with several trees, having been dethroned by his elder brother, oppressed with fear, but who was pleasant to the sight." "We for one are serving that Sugreeva, the Lord of monkeys, who was true to his promise, but was dethroned from the kingdom from his elder brother." "Those two brothers, Rama and Lakshmana, the excellent among men, were fully endowed with kindness, after knowing the exact position about Sugreeva. Then, I made Rama and Lakshmana to ascend on my back and took them to Sugreeva's place." niveditau ca tattvena sugriivaaya mahaatmane | tayoH anyonya sambhaaShaat bhR^isham priitiH ajaayata || 5-35-32 "I informed the high-souled Sugreeva about the true position of Rama and Lakshmana. After a mutual conversation between those two brothers and Sugreeva, a great friendship developed among them." "Then, Lakshmana informed Sugreeva the king of monkeys about the sadness of Rama, (who is unwearied in action), born out of your disappearance." sahitau raama sugriivaav ubhaav akurutaam tadaa | samayam vaalinam hantum tava ca anveShaNam tathaa || 5-35-49 "That day when Rama and Sugreeva were together, both of them made an agreement that Rama would annihilate Vali and Sugreeva would arrange for a search of you." raama sugriivayoH aikyam devi evam samajaayata | hanuumantam ca maam viddhi tayoH duutam iha aagatam || 5-35-52. "O princess! A friendship was held well in such a manner between Rama and Sugreeva. Know me as Hanuman, who came here as a messenger on behalf of both of them." "O Seetha with an excellent waist! Hearing about the slaughter of Jatayu, that Sampati the son of Aruna was very much pained and said that you were staying in Ravana's house." "O Seetha! I am born in the womb of the wife of that Kesari the monkey, by the grace of the wind-god. By my activity alone, I am renowned as Hanuma in this world." "O Seetha! I described the qualities of Rama, your husband, to cause trust in you. O the faultless princess! Rama will take you from here within a short time." you additionally asked this: '' How you understand this ? what will be your answer ? ''. i gave my answer above. Now, i answer what i understood from this. it is easy to make friends, difficult to keep them. सर्वथा सुकरं मित्रं दुष्करं परिपालनम् । (रामायण - किष्किन्धा काण्ड ३२-७) sarvatha sukaram mitram, dushkaram paripalanam | how we love to make friends. that is what humanity is all about- connecting to other people. if social networking is any indication, our worth sometimes is measured by how many friends we have in our circle. sugreeva the vanara king, was helped by rama to end his exile and get his wife back by the only possible way - killing vali who had banished sugreeva and kept his wife. rama-sugreeva friendship is a classic example of "types of friendships" where it is mutually beneficial and each comes to it for some help from the other, may be because they are in similar situation. it was true for rama and sugreeva. Both rama and sugreeva was on sorrows. Even in the sorrow, Rama never break the dharma. He acted as per dharma. Rama not distinguished man, monkey for having friendship. it is a best example for friendship. hope this will help you and thanks for the opportunity !!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.