Yay! Svetlana advances in straights, and I got to watch the whole match on my computer (I watched the tennis channel on the computer, and it was in great quality!).
- Marin Cilic vs Bernard Tomic. This one will have the crowd WILD. While I hope Bernard can win this, upping his status, and giving the gracious Australian's a hope for a successful future, his opponent might be too strong, but Bernard will most certainly put up a fight. I'll say, Cilic to win, 6-2 5-7 6-3 6-7 6-4.
- So I'm going to pretend I don't know that Caroline is about to bagel Canada's own Wozniak right now, haha. Caroline has a lot to prove, since she made it to the US Open final. She is not a one trick pony, and will prove that here, say 6-4 6-0 (haha).
- James Blake vs DelPo gets my stamp for the MATCH OF THE DAY (well there are two of those today, and I think you know where I'm going with that). I can't pick against James, my heart won't let me! James beat an in-form Clement in straight sets, which even surprised ME. So with DelPo's wrist injury in mind (even though he looked amazing in the first round), I will say James in 5 sets! 7-6 2-6 4-6 7-5 6-4.
- This matchup occured in the Auckland final a couple of weeks ago, and if the other matches weren't so damn good this would be the match of the day. But that's not the case. Yanina really had to battle vs Dughleru the other day, but I think she will settle in here against Pennetta. If she wins here, she is on the path to facing Elena / Justine in the round of 16, and I hope she can. Yanina over Flavia, 6-4 7-5.
- Elena Dementieva vs Justine Henin, as you stated...(co) MATCH OF THE DAY!! Whoot. I can't stay up til 3 to watch it unless I really force it upon myself! My inner tennis fan is telling me to do it! But anyways, to the match, I think Elena will shine tonight. Justine made it to the Brisbane final, and played well against Kim, however, Elena has been playing well too. I don't think Henin is ready to beat a Dementieva, just quite yet. Elena 6-3 2-6 6-4.
- MJMS double bageled her first round opponent, so logically she shouldn't have trouble with Zheng, but it will be a tad tougher than her first round match. So Maria Jose 6-4 6-1.
- Poor Nadia, even though I dislike her, I have to feel bad for her. She always gets the hardest draws in the world. She was ranked 3rd in the world, and never gets any credit. I think she can beat Kanepi, who is on a comeback trail. I recently read a stat of hers, that said last week she one the first match, in like, 8 months! With that being said, Nadia 6-4 3-6 6-1..But I do think Kanepi will have a really good clay court season (as will Cornet).
- I think that Serra will win this one, because he's one of those veterans that I have just always liked (like Clement, Grosjean, Haas, Ferrero, Dent, Blake, haha). He just seems like a nice guy, and while that has nothing to do with his game, I will pick him anyways! 6-4 2-6 3-6 7-6 6-3.