Skeptic asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Is FDA trying to shorten the lifespan of our children?

There is much controversy about the school lunch program, the food pyramid, and other actions that tend to favor the financial well-being of the food industry over the health of our children.

I knew it, you knew it. Finally the USDA admits it.

The FDA is trying to shorten the life expectancy of our children:

http://www.usda.gov/blog/usda/

"Childhood obesity is one of the greatest public health crises facing the United States and the USDA is making every effort to make sure that today’s children are the first American generation to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents."

This is obviously a typo, but it seems to reveal a deeper truth. American children are suffering from excess consumption of fat, sugar, salt, dairy, and animal flesh. The consequences are obesity, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes. The science is clear, only our media is confused by the disinformation. Do you agree?

Update:

The US Agricultural Department is in charge of our school lunch program, and they buy up excess supply of dairy and meat to help stabilize the food market prices.

The science shows that Americans die from a diet in over rich animal proteins. It's not just the fat. http://www.tcolincampbell.org

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't agree that the FDA is trying to shorten out children's lives. The FDA is an organization and cannot have an opinion, but the people working their are operating under specific agendas. I believe the majority of the workers are set on promoting genetic engineering that does damage people and creates huge problems with the health of people in this country. The USDA is a ridiculous organization that does lots of crazy things and the food pyramid is one of those really bad marketing jokes.

If you follow the USDA's recommendations for food, breast milk does not qualify, but I think it would be very hard to find anyone opposed to the fact that breast milk is one of the most nutritious foods for babies in the world, especially if the mother is healthy. Breast milk contains about 54% saturated fats.

I disagree that fat is a problem, but do agree that bad fats are a problem. One of the most misunderstood things being promoted is Low fat this and NON fat that are causing a lot of the obesity issues today. There are very few people that understand how fats work in the body and the least of those are the American Diabetes Association that promotes some things that are harmful in my opinion. Animal fats are not bad and in fact, contain lots of true vitamin A and D that provide good and proper protein metabolism. The problem is not meat, it is how the animals are fed. Animals that are fed grains do not live as long, are sickly, and require antibiotics and other medicines to keep them walking around. They contain huge amounts of inflammatory fatty acids and ratios of 20:1 upwards of 50:1 omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids that are very unhealthy. GRASS fed cows, on the other hand, have omega 6 to omega 3 ratios of 3:1, better than wild salmon and lots of vitamin A & D, as well as 40% more CLA. That is good for you. Even the fat on grass fed cows is not marbled in the meat, but on the outside of the meat. Grass fed dairy cows live 4 times longer than grain fed ones and produce human pathogen free milk as a result.

Salt is not bad for you either. In fact, we need salt so we can make good hydrochloric acid and help our adrenal glands work better, as some examples. ALL meat eating animals produce hydrochloric acid. Herbivores that eat plants do not produce hydrochloric acid. Humans produce hydrochloric acid and also pancreatic enzymes that digest meat (protease) and plant digestive enzymes as well, so we are an omnivores. We can eat either plants or animals. Since plants do not contain true vitamin A only beta carotene that requires good liver function to break it down into usable nutrients, we need to eat animals for that, as well as for the B-12. But if the animals eat grains, then the story changes. So, it's not about eating meat or not, it's about the quality of the meat based on what animals eat and how they are treated that counts. Did you know that McDonald's is one of the biggest buyers of dead grain eating dairy cows?

As long as dairy comes from grass fed cows and is raw, not pasteurized or homogenized or loaded up with hormones, it is very good for you. RAW MILK makes wonderful kefir that is fermented, contains 22 amino acids, and fully emulsified fatty acids that go directly into the body and are digested very easily and never lactose problems from anyone that drinks the raw milk or the kefir made from it. Pasteurization destroys the quality of the milk all the way from making the casein carcinogenic to altering the calcium where they are forced to add ergosterol to make the body absorb the bad calcium that creates bone spurs, cataracts, and kidney stones. It's a wonder everyone is not lactose intolerant because the pasteurization kills the lactose eating bacteria and when you drink it, you get the booby prize of lactose intolerance problems.

Sugar is really bad for you, but so are grains and corn starch. It is those things that create the pattern 2 LDL cholesterol that promotes plaque build up in the body.

Salt does not cause high blood pressure, contrary to what you have been told. In fact, i challenge anyone to show a single credible scientific research paper showing that it does. It is an imbalance of sodium and potassium that causes the problems. An excess of either over the other is what can create issues. Eating a well balanced, air dried sea salt combination is the best way to get not only a good sodium / potassium balance, but good electrolytes into the body that it needs.

The FDA, USDA and other government organizations have people running them that are not focused on health, but political agendas and that interprets into keeping the BIG BAGS of money happy so politicians can stay in power and the bureaucrats can keep their jobs, nothing more. It's not at all about health. That rhetoric is all about convincing the public of the fantasy that they care about you.

Just ask yourself "How long will a drug company be in business if everyone in America became healthy?" In 1905, the CDC reported that less than 5% of Americans were chronically ill. In 2005, the same CDC reported that over 53% of ALL Americans were chronically ill.

Gary Null PhD, Carolyn Dean MD ND, Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD, Dorothy Smith PhD did a comprehensive statistical analysis revealing very disturbing information about the medical field as it related to an annual iatrogenic (induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures) death rate of 783,936 in one year. It is further disturbing to realize that as few as 5 percent and only up to 20 percent of iatrogenic acts are ever reported. This means that that iatrogenic death rate of 783,936 is most likely much higher.

That puts medical industry as the first and foremost cause of death in America over the any leading diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke that are purported to be the leaders.

Yes, things need to change, but the blame needs to be put in the right context and the truth needs to be made very public so things will change, hopefully.

good luck

Source(s): CNT, B.A. biology & chemistry advanced nutritional research
  • 5 years ago

The verse in which the lifespan of man is shortened is Genesis 6:3. It must be taken in context of those verses that precede it. 1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend witha man forever, for he is mortalb; his days will be a hundred and twenty years.” The bible does define why god shortened the lifespan of man... it is because the "sons of God" were breeding with the "daughters of men". This follows in the next few verses. 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. 5 The LORD saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. This has been interpreted in many ways, but the most convincing interpretation I have heard is that the Nephilim (literally giants) were the offspring of angels (sons of god) and women (daughters of men). There are other interpretations indicating that they are the sons of nobles with common women, but it does not seem to follow the narrative as well. The reason I say so is because they became the "heroes of old, men of renown" - which would indicate it is an attempt by the writers of the bible to explain away other mythological characters and heroes in other tales, followed by why they no longer exist in the same capacity. So, long story short, God got pissed that the angels were breeding with people and he decided to punish people with a shorter lifespan instead of angels with anything. Then he decides that is not enough, so he destroys everybody. Nice god huh? The more rational explanation would be that those who wrote the bible had to explain why people no longer live so long and why there are other stories from other cultures about heroes that no longer exist. Perhaps people have just never lived more than 120 years.

• Tink
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think we are a very strange country in terms of food intake.

We have higher obesity rates than anyone, and yet 1 out of 6 people goes to bed without dinner***

{{Its the fact that we have more childhood obesity in these recent generations that account for the projected mortality rates.}} I can find fault with the food that is in school lunches, but there are children for whom that is the only reliable meal of the day.

I'm not blaming any governmental agency for the twinkies, doritos and fast food that kids eat. I put the blame right where it lies - with parents that teach or acquiesce to poor eating habits.

Source(s): ***Feeding America
  • 1 decade ago

Well, if you consider it an obvious typo (one they must have corrected before I followed your link) then you had answered your own question. Looks like they want fat-*** kids who are no where near following that food pyramid you distrust, but instead sit around eating potato chips and playing Nintendo, to put down the games and chips and go outside to get some exercise... those bastards! If they follow that advice they might grow up and pay taxes, I'm sure the government doesn't want that. It's a cover up I tells ya, just another way to divert attention for the greater conspiracy.

Source(s): Skeptic my ass
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I agree, but part of the issue is many americans are allergic to cooking and to eat out healthy is either expensive or impossible to find in many areas. Not to mention the crap they feed kids in the schools.

• 1 decade ago

Lol at the typo.Its quite revealing isnt it.

Do you point it out to them that they made the typo?

• 1 decade ago

I agree, though you may like to read about the vaccinations. They worry me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.