MoeJoe asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Haiti Earthquake ; Are any other Muslims ashamed with the pathetic response from Muslim countries?

The earthquake in Haiti has resulted in a global humanitarian effort that has bought the best from mankind. With 2 exceptions 1) The USA is manipulating the situation for its own military gains.

But of most concern to me as a Muslim is

2)Muslim countries, especially the oil rich Gulf Arab states, have either contributed nothing, or what in comparison to their wealth, is so little that it is offensive!!!!

Saudi Arabia NOTHING but a LETTER of condolence. Qatar, Kuwait, UAE and Bahrain have also sent either nothing or so little that its offensive, the general public from these countries have also contributed NOTHING.

Contrast this to the £12m raised by the BRITISH PUBLIC, and other mass donations from European governments and PUBLIC. Also the HEALTH, RESCUE AND RECOVERY effort by these countries is SUBSTANTIAL and will cost BILLIONS. Israel dispatched a medical team within hours of the earthquake, and within 5 hours of arriving they set up a field hospital that is saving lives and is capable of operating on 500 people a day!!! OK, Muslim countries are uneducated and have no technical proficiency/ability that they can help with, e.g health, rescue, recovery, construction etc but they do have MONEY and their miserliness is a disgrace!!!

Update:

LoSt; I was referring to the OIL RICH Muslim countries!!!! We all know the USA causes carnage and destruction and serves its own needs.

Update 2:

LoSt; I am a Muslim. To criticize Muslim despot corrupt leaders is not criticizing Islam. Don't forget America has military bases on MUSLIM countries whole rulers ALLOW it, PAKISTAN INVITED BLACKWATER, so Muslim rulers are just as responsible as America for the crimes committed against the people of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

New York: January 14, 2010. (PCP) Dr. Nazir S Bhatti, President of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC have expressed utmost sorrow on devastation caused by earthquake in Haiti and appealed to Pakistani Christian Diaspora in EU and North America to donate directly to UN funds established for victims.

Mr. Bhatti contacted Pakistani Churches in Europe to offer special prayers for thousands feared dead in Haiti earthquake and direct congregations to donate in Red Cross, UN Relief Fund and other reputable agencies.

Nazir Bhatti also urged members and leaders of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC in Pakistan to work with local Red Crescent, Catholic Church in Pakistan and Church of Pakistan to collect relief goods for Haiti victims of earthquake.

While government of Pakistan is planing on sending aid to haiti it seems they can't because of extreme economic crisis and continuous American war in neighbors , Usa and her allies have paralyzed Pakistani economy while Pakistan herself is getting funds from Saudi Arabians.Pakistan lost more than $300 billion fighting American war for terror.Only few countries have been helping Pakistan in this hard time,Saudi Arabians and China are only allies who have sent aid to Pakistan to offset continuous bloodshed being carried by fake Talibans(American agents).Blackwaters of Usa army have been continuously carrying out bomb attacks in Pakistani cities while talibans are continously blaming usa for bloodshed,killings in Pakistan.100's of American NGO trucks have been captured by Pakistani intelligence which were carrying weapons,bombs and explosives to equip fake Talibans.Usa has accpeted it has deployed 5,000 intelligence men in Pakistan whose sole job is to plot bomb blasts and create security disaster in Pakistan.

I hope that answers the Americans concern why are Muslims not helping that is because when USA is plotting bomb blasts and violence in Muslim nations.How can you expect Muslims to help anyone other than their own Muslim ummah.If Muslims really want to give help, they should give to war paralyzed countries(under usa evil controls).Stop crying what Muslims do because world knows the reality of America the biggest danger to world peace.

Iraq and Afghanistan where millions are hungry because of American war for terror.Around 60% of Afghans are jobless and have nothing to eat because of on going American war.Yet we see Americans dont give a damn about millions who starve to death because of their greed for Oil and resources and they cry about Haiti to show they really care about poor.Africa where millions are being killed because Usa wants some dimond field and gold mines and has dictators to make sure Africa keeps fighting.

Bangladesh

Turkey

Morocco

Indonesia

Iran

Jordan

Kazakhstan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Malaysia

Pakistan

Qatar

United Arab Emirates

Several Arab countries have provided aid:

Morocco

Lebanon

Jordan

United Arab Emirates

Qatar

Kuwait

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response...

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AI...

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?...

http://www.muslimaid.org/

• Login to reply the answers
  • Leo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I believe that you are in error the Qatar Red Crescent has launched an emergency appeal to gather around 4 million Qatari Riyals of financial aid for those affected by the earthquake. The United Arab Emirates, for example, has launched an air bridge for getting relief supplies to Haiti. Qatar has dispatched 50 metric tons of aid to Haiti, and Kuwait has made an initial pledge of $1 million, as has Morocco.

Earthquake-prone Turkey and Iran also are helping. Ankara has dispatched a mobile hospital to Haiti and Tehran has donated 30 metric tons of aid. Ans some aid has been sent by the Palestine's in the Gaza strip

Source(s): LA Times and the Red Crescent
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. What is the possibly to gain from having the military in Haiti? It has NO resources, NO strategic value at all and serves no purpose other than protecting the aid workers. You need to ease up on the propaganda. If you hate the US (which you clearly do) just say so instead of making up BS like that. It just makes you look stupid when you do.

2. Yes, it is pathetic that the Muslim countries haven't done much/anything. It just shows that they don't care about anyone that isn't Muslim.

• 1 decade ago

With the current situation, perhaps it's not wise or safe for Muslims to be helping in an atmosphere of so many Christian Missionary Agencies. As an American, I'm concerned over this because I fear the AID to Haiti is to brainwash & convert the locals for future exploitation.

I'm not a Muslim or a Christian, but I can see why the Muslim Nations would not want to assist a Nation that appears to have so many Christians in charge.

The US needs to make it clear that we are not a Christian Nation. We are simply a Nation that ALLOWS people to practice any faith of their choosing & Christians APPEAR to be more organized than other organized religions in the US.

I blame the media & the government for allowing this misinformation to flourish & grow. Many of us in the US are treated poorly when we speak out against organized religions that have a lot of money & power in so many communities of the US.

I wonder if the money donations by the people & government agencies of the US are all being used for Haiti & if I was the leader of a Muslim Nation, I might not be so quick to give either.

The US once had a "take care of your own" attitude & it served us well. Our troubles came when we allowed our money & our people to invest elsewhere, in my opinion~Dee W.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is probably the tenth time I see questions along the same lines. The answer is yes, Muslim countries have provided aid starting from the first day of the catastrophe.

Check this list out (obtained from Wikipedia):

Palestine (Gaza Strip)

Morocco

Lebanon

Qatar

United Arab Emirates

Jordan

Kuwait

Egypt

Turkey

Iran

Senegal

Bangladesh

Indonesia

Kazakhstan

Pakistan

Bosnia

Other articles:

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/…

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/ar…

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There may be some sort of prohibition for rendering help to distressed persons

• 1 decade ago

That shows you who and what they are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.