A question for Creationists who accept "micro-evolution" but not "macro-evolution"?

OK, I have a question for you guys. There is claim among Creationists that evolution in a single genus (or "type" as you put it) has been observed, and is possible, but that evolution into another genus is not, since it has not been observed in a laboratory. (In other words, "Why haven't cats... show more OK, I have a question for you guys. There is claim among Creationists that evolution in a single genus (or "type" as you put it) has been observed, and is possible, but that evolution into another genus is not, since it has not been observed in a laboratory.
(In other words, "Why haven't cats evolved into dogs?")

However, any evolutionary scientist on earth will tell you that any such evolution would take many millions of years. So it seems you are asking us to perform an impossible experiment, then when we can't, claiming we are wrong. Kinda like claiming the Sun is really cold because no one has stuck a thermometer into it.

So let me ask you guys one question: Assume that evolution between "types", or "macro-evolution" is possible, and assume it does indeed take millions of years. How would you expect us to reproduce this in a laboratory?