tracy mcgrady in the all stars??? are you nuts people nuts?

okay, if you think he doesn't deserve to be there, then you are sane...

but if you think that he does.. then pray tell why??? the guy can barely play now, let alone be an all star...

Update:

indeed drew... some people are still stuck in the past... they still think of mcgrady in his glory days...

i am a mcgrady fan, he WAS a great player... but to vote him into the all stars is really just pushing it... dont people nowadays think anymore?? what will he do in the all star game?? hobble... goodness...

Update 2:

*you m.v.p...i respect your opinion dude... you are exactly the person i am referring to in my question... its an honor that you took time to answer...

anyway dude, i am a true basketball fan, and yes tmac does deserve a chance to play BUT NOT IN THE ALL STARS! if you are gonna bring in somebody into the all star game because of his past then you might as well include vince carter and grant hill in the line up... they pretty much have the same story with tmac...

again i am a tmac fan, but i strongly believe he doesn't deserve to be an all star...the guy can barely play now...

but i respect whatever opinion people have...

Update 3:

*hmmm... it seems most people have the same sentiments as i do...

keep it coming folks...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no doubt that Tracy Mcgrady should not be in the Allstar game. He has played in 6 games this season and averages 3.2 points per game. But the Allstar weekend is a profit driven, fan orientated event.

Should the rules be changed so that players like Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson dont get voted into the starting line-up? Probably. But on the contrary, in the back of everyones minds even if with just a little curiosity people would love to see T-Mac start. Not because he is deserving but because it will create a buzz. Basketball fans, media personell, players, coaches, sports analysts all get juicy material to talk about for the next several weeks. Imagine McGrady plays in the game and tears it up, the aftermath of that would be insane. trade rumours would swirl like a tornado, Rockets fans would begin to question their upper-level management, and again it would create a stir for the NBA which ultimately increases the leagues exposure. And with the focus of the NBA being Gilbert Arenas and his gun controversey this could be a blessing in disguise.

Nonetheless Tracy already stated that if he is voted into the starting lineup he would not suit up but make an appearance at the festivities as a thank you to his fans (which im almost certain primarily from China).

TheNBAScoop

• 3 years ago

a few NBA lovers have a brief concentration span. They love to maintain vote casting in ancient all-stars on the grounds that they consider they're nonetheless well (identical rationale shaq is moment at the back of yao within the west votes). They fail to spot what gamers are truthfully gambling at an all-megastar degree. This is why 12 months after 12 months the identical starters are voted in. Dont fear approximately CP3, he is just a couple thousand votes at the back of. He'll begin within the allstar recreation indubitably

• 1 decade ago

Dude Give T-Mac A Chance.If Your A True NBA Fan,I Bet You've Seen Him Play A Few Years Ago,And He Was Beast Back Then,why Can't He Be Beast Again??

And He Deserves His Chance To Be An All-Star Starter.

And I For 1 Voted For T-Mac!

• 1 decade ago

I was outraged when I saw he suddenly climbed in the ranks after a few lack-luster performances. You would take an under performing T-Mac over players like Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Lamar Odom is even having a better season than him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

M. V. P. you're a damn fool. He's had his chance, give other players who play great and haven't had their chance. There is a point guard for Utah who is top 2 or 3 point guards in the league.. and he hasn't played there yet. D Will. This is a joke to have McGrady even in the all star ballot.. his name should be removed.

• 1 decade ago

I know he doesn't "deserve" (by play this year) to play for the all star game this year BUT I think the all star game is for what the fans want.

I have to admit, I want to see him play in this years all star game.

• 1 decade ago

Amazing what happens when the popular vote actually determines something, why do you think the popular vote doesn't mean anything in the presidential elections? It's because we would probably vote in morons as we did in the NBA...though we seem to do a decent job of voting in morons anyhow :)

• Josh
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I can see both sides.

T-Mac is actually healthy now and contributing to his team.

Give the man credit.

But also, when you looks at other players around his position that are so much more of an All-Star it really does piss me off. Example: Rudy Gay. Look at Memphis right now.

• 1 decade ago

Houston Rocket fans probably say,"If he can't

play in the regular season games at least he gets

the opportunity to play in the All-Star game!"

aka

They really want to see him play.

• J L
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

This is what happens when u let a bunch of uninformed, mindless pop culture drones ie majority of American youth vote for anything

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.