Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How many people scared of transfering their assets to a Credit Union or Community Bank?

What are the pros and cons of such an adventure? I've had it with big banks seriously considering changing banks.

• Bethy
    Favorite Answer

Im not scared because I do my homework

Any credit union or local bank that has a 4 or 5 star rating is a good idea

i would be hesitant to put anything into a 3 and would never put any assests into one below 3

Generally, small banks and credit unions provide better service and higher interest rates than the big banks.

The only drawback is that they don't have large branch networks, so if you are traveling in another state you may not be able to find a branch of your bank.

But other than that, I highly recommend credit unions and community banks.

Most Credit unions are okay. Banks do not want to offer any service anymore so I say go to a credit union but check them out like you would a bank for fees and costs.

an prolonged time in the past. Does no company with any of the huge national and/or multinational banks interior the U. S.. Sticks with community community banks and credit unions. additionally North Dakota, the place I stay, is the only state interior the U. S. with a state owned economic business enterprise (The economic business enterprise of North Dakota). A style i think of many extra people will see happening of their states.

• ?

I belong to a credit union and I like it better than the banks. You get treated better and they do not take advantage of you by finding cute little ways to steal money from you.

• pdooma

Regardless of whether you transfer your accounts, definately get a credit union credit card over a traditional credit card. They have a cap on the amount of interest they're allowed to charge.

I'm not scared. I moved everything to a local bank, and I refuse to patronize any arm of any of the major banks. They've screwed us enough.

Corpus Christi wow

I dumped BofA and went to a very small community bank

They treat me like a king, and I keep my extra cash there, and my business accounts

works out great .

We use the credit union only, but you may be accused of being a socialist.