Could Amare Stoudemire have been the BEST PF of all time?

without all the surgeries, injuries. He used to be so aggressive and powerful, his dunks were amazing but it also seems that he has lost his blocking ability and maybe doesnt go up and battle for rebounds now a days because of his worry of getting injured again.

Update:

i meen of the decade or currently

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, no, no, no...never...

Amare will, and could never have, gotten close to being the best PF of all time, for one simple reason - He can't play D!

Basketball is not played at one end of the court...Defense is just as important as offense. Being a strong dunker is meaningless if you can't stop your opponent scoring on you at will.

For sure, his surgeries have slowed him down and effected his confidence but he was never an intimidating defender, and that's why he'll never go down as one of the greats...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Vader
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That would be impossible. Amar'e is only a good offensive player and his style of offense relies mostly to a talented point guard like Steve Nash who's a great playmaker. He can't even carry his team to the playoffs without the aid of a great point guard. As long as he will not win an MVP or a NBA title, there's no way for Amar'e to be considered in the Hall of Fame.

• 1 decade ago

**** Stoudemire.....And this is coming from a Suns fan. If there's a couple of things holding us back as a franchise, it's this tool. Without Nash he's gonna be a 12ppg 6rpg .01apg player. He needs to learn D and he even needs to learn rebounding. I cant wait till he opts out this offseason.....Capspace and oh man we're gonna get someone way better.

• ur kidding right?

best pf of all time?

Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett

**** he cant even get to the hall of fame

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • richie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nope. Not even when perfectly healthy. At best, he would probably be at the level of Chris Webber or Charles Barkley.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He could have been very good without a doubt. Best of all time, I doubt.

• 1 decade ago

hell no i think Tim Duncan is or at least one of them

• 1 decade ago

NO KG is better then dirk

• hes never been a good defender and never will

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.