Why do so many Manchester United supporters hate the current Glazer ownership?

Is it just because he's American, and an American in somehow beneath owning an EPL team? After all, a Russian owns Chelsea.

Is it because he's putting money/profit ahead of maintaining a top quality team? I can see this, because to fans, a club is much more than a business. Fans live and die by their teams much more than ownership.

Is it because they want an Englishman to own the team?

Is it because it's just something to complain about since they aren't in first place?

Is it because they sold Cristiano Ronaldo?

Is it something else?

It seems as though United fans are the most vocal agaist their club ownership.

Favorite Answer

I don't care what nationality the owner is but when the idiot doesn't have enough money to buy the club and has to take out a loan from several banks which ends up putting United in SERIOUS financial hardship then that's when I and other United fans get fu*ked off. Before him United was the second most profitable club in the world next to Madrid. His decisions have brought United down and now United need to get rid of the bloody yanks. Also it has nothing to do with being in "first place" or not, they're coming second, 1 point behind Chelsea and are definate contenders for the title. It also wasn't the Glazers decision to sell Ronaldo it was mainly Fergie's and that was a good decision at that, no player is actually worth 80mil so we got a good deal out of Madrid.

After what you've written i see u don't understand football much.

I'm not an United fan but I wouldn't be happy if the owner(s) of the club I do support had little or no interest in football (soccer) and were only involved because of what they could get out of it.

I understand that the sport today is viewed purely in business terms but when the business side of things becomes the prime reason for it's existence, it's time to move on and if that means booting out the source of the problem then so be it.

Good luck to those United fans who want to return the Old Trafford club to it's roots.

Its because of all of the above plus he bought them out with loans so that why now 700 milllion in debt.

and now the nfl team the buccaneers are screwed since he bought united. But o some fans there is only 1 real manchester united and F.C of united manchester!

Americans are just fcuking idiots .... point proven, United and Liverpool in crisis

A lot of American CEOs grind their companies down and then they come out of some strange chapter 11 rules ok, and a lot of the big American successes like Donald Trump (I believe) have gone bankrupt many times, they're just complete morons

Source(s): loving it

We never wanted them in the first place. In 1998, we stopped Rupert Murdoch from taking over. We tried but failed to stop Glazer. Actually, some disgruntled fans left United in the aftermath of the take-over to form another team. Type in F.C. United (of Manchester).

look at the owners now they cant pay their own debt and getting money from manchester United thats why we cant buy big players for big fees. its because the glazers are in debt not manchester united

Because there American

thats what happens once you sell soccer to the human beings they injury it come on they Dont understand something with reference to the sport Thats why They call It soccer And any a million who calls soccer soccer Is undesirable information U get me

mainly because of the debts, they brought into the club....

Most of us do.