Is Drew Brees the next Peyton Manning? Will Eli Manning become the next Peyton Manning?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Archie and wife must have scraped the bottom of the gene pool for Eli. He'll never come close to measuring up.

• 1 decade ago

Drew Brees will be more of a Brett Farve. There will never be another Peyton Manning, But There are only 2 students of the Game at the QB position, At thats the Manning Brothers. They read the defense like crazy I think Eli has the potential to be close to his brother but Eli will never accomplish what his brother did from a Statistical stand point. Eli has a chance of winning more championships though because he is that clutch.

And for that guy to say Eli isn't a Hall of Famer tell me how Joe Namath made the Hall of Fame.

• 1 decade ago

Eli Manning will never be Peyton Manning. Eli is a good QB, but that's all, he's just good. Peyton is one of the top 3 statistical QBs of all time, and he'll probably be the greatest ever, as far as stats are concerned, by the time he retires. If he wins another Super Bowl or two, he might end up being remembered as the greatest QB ever. Eli, on the other hand, will consistently be one of the better QBs in the NFC, and may even win another Super Bowl in his career if he gets another good supporting cast and has a good season, but he will never touch the accomplishments of his older brother.

As far as Drew Brees is concerned, I think he is a great QB and if he continues to play at the level that he has been playing at for the past few seasons for another few years, he'll probably be remembered as one of the top 10 QBs of the past 10-15 years. He'll never be Peyton Manning though.

Source(s): Myself, a lifelong huge NFL fan, and someone who hates the Colts but understands how great Peyton Manning is.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Drew Brees isn't exactly a young gun. he just turned 31 and Peyton is 33. Peyton is far ahead of anything brees could ever wish to do. and No, eli is not the next peyton, not even close.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Peyton has a great o-line and gets to work with Wayne and Clark. While Eli has a OK o-line and has to throw to Manningham and Nicks whom aren't as good. But Brees can never be the next Peyton

• Bob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think that Manning will end up in the HOF as will Brees, but not Eli. Both Brees and Manning built their teams into Super Bowl contenders, but Manning has the 4 MVPs and numerous records and feats under his belt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We will never see another Peyton Manning again. He will need to win 4 MVP's and for that to happen, he'll likely need to turn into a Brett Favre and play to a high capacity until he's 40.

• 1 decade ago

No one can be peyton manning, and drew is a good QB, but will never be peyton

• JLKR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Drew Brees is better than Peyton Manning!!

The Truth!!

• 1 decade ago

I don't think we'll ever see anyone as gutless as Peyton Manning in the NFL ever again. His talent for underachieving it unmatched.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.