Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does the “pro-life” crowd learn their dishonest tricks and manipulations from Christians?

Christians are forever presenting their opinions as though they’re facts. It’s their opinion that the bible is the word of their god. It’s their opinion that people have souls. It’s their opinion that their god punishes people with earthquakes. They never say it’s just their opinion though because honesty and truth mean nothing to them. The “pro-life” crowd quite often presents their opinions as facts too, don’t they? They claim that abortion is murder and they claim abortion doctors are murderers. They claim that an embryo is a human life and that it has the same rights as an adult human. These are just their opinions but like Christians, they never tell people that they’re just opinions not facts. Did they learn these dishonest tricks from the Christians?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am not religiously in the slightest (spiritual, maybe but not religious) and I do not believe it is wrong (morally or ethically) to have an abortion. It's not my job to approve or disapprove of what goes on in someone else's uterus, that's their business. What's morally and ethically questionable is assuming you know what god wants (pro-life), putting words in his mouth (calling someone a murderer) and nosing into someone else's business (by calling into question their right to do whatever they want with their body).

Removing religion takes the bite out of pro-lifers rhetoric and leaves them with no argument to stand upon. They want to convince you to feel bad about it and it's seems like the only way they can is by threatening you with hell/damnation. That won't work on people like me who choose not to believe in hell or god.

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 13 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUv

Youtube thumbnail

EDIT - Atypical Arkansas Gal - A perfect example of their dishonesty

Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded in a meta-analysis of data from dozens of medical reports and studies that fetuses are unlikely to feel pain until the third trimester of pregnancy.[2][3] There is an emerging consensus among developmental neurobiologists that the establishment of thalamocortical connections (at about 26 weeks) is a critical event with regard to fetal perception of pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_pain#Medical_st...

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/294/8/9...

Fetuses cannot feel pain until at least the 28th week of gestation because they haven't formed the necessary nerve pathways, sguttays Mark Rosen, an obstetrical anesthesiologist at the University of California at San Francisco. He and his colleagues determined that until the third trimester, "the wiring at the point where you feel pain, such as the skin, doesn't reach the emotional part where you feel pain, in the brain." Although fetuses start forming pain receptors eight weeks into development, the thalamus, the part of the brain that routes information to other areas, doesn't form for 20 more weeks. Without the thalamus, Rosen says, no information can reach the cortex for processing.

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/dec/fetus-feel-pa...

Before 26 weeks, the baby can't feel pain yet. There may be pain, but no way to feel it. Like people who are paralyzed. You can inflict the pain, but they cannot feel it.

EDIT - Atypical Arkansas Gal

Who the hell is Dr. Nancy Objcelikz? Why can't I find her on Google? Cite your sources, otherwise you are just making a fool of yourself.

Sorry sweetie but I will take what the Journal of American Medical Association says over your unknown doctor any day.

Also 5 thumbs up for your unprovable 'facts', no wonder people in this country are confused over abortion, people like you keep misinforming them!

EDIT AdoreHim - *Heart is beating 3 weeks after conception*

A simple one-chambered tube that will eventually develop into the heart begins to pulse at 21 days. So it not accurate to say it has a beating heart -it is the *precursor* to a beating heart. An embryo has something -a very primitive heart-like organ- that flutters or pulses regularly but the pulsing is caused by the maternal circulatory system pushing blood through it rather than the embryo causing it.

Your facts aren't truthful ; )

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Most people think their own opinions are right....just as you do.

Christians don't need dishonest tricks. We have our opinions and you have yours. And we have just as much a right to state those opinions as you or anyone else does.

If pro-lifers are putting out false info, you can combat that by printing some facts here. That will mean you must take more time, thought and research for your question....but it would be better than simply slinging insults.

• MSB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

when it comes to abortion, you can't claim it's a fact that it is not murder. That there is not a soul. That a unique human life does not begin at conception.

You're just taking it on faith.

If there was a button and someone said, "push it and your life will get easier; but there is a .01% chance that you are killing an innocent human baby. Would you take that chance?

I'm pro-choice, but only an illogical idiot would dismiss the points the other side makes.

• 1 decade ago

The "embryo" is a human life. Just because an embryo is not fully developed it does not mean it does not have life. The baby has HUMAN DNA from conception, it does turn to human once born. Heart is beating 3 weeks after conception- all of these things are scientifically proven- not made up!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bert
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

So, are you saying that YOUR opinions on abortion are fact and pro-life opinions are not?

An embryo or fetus are both part of the cycle of human life. Stopping the cycle is killing the life. While YOU or any other average citizen cannot define what constitutes murder because laws define murder...there is no evidence to support that abortion is not killing a life.

Educate yourself before bringing your "arguments", which are really only opinions, to the table.

• 1 decade ago

And how do you explain the tiny life form whose heart is beating from very early in its development (FACT) and who responds to pain as early as 12 weeks (FACT)? It is obviously NOT a collection of cells. Science has shown that all its parts are in place at this stage (FACT)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"They claim that abortion is murder and they claim abortion doctors are murderers. "

What would you call someone who willfully and needlessly ends a human life?

"They claim that an embryo is a human life and that it has the same rights as an adult human."

It meet every definition of life. It's a member of the species homo sapiens sapiens.

"These are just their opinions but like Christians, they never tell people that they’re just opinions not facts."

So are you now mimicking them by way of example?

• 13Fst
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Here are the facts. Embryos are not dead, so they must be alive. Human embryos are not anything but human. Two humans can not reproduce and make anything but another human. So, we have a living human. I don't see how there can even be a question.

Source(s): Not a Christian, or any other theist.
  • 1 decade ago

Nah, they're just getting the impetus for their religious zealotry because they secretly feel guilty about God slaughtering so many infants during the flood, and they're trying to make up for that.

• jl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

near as I can tell the "pro-life" crowd IS the Christians. Ain't is great the respect they have for their "god given free will" ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.