promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i burned out my external hard drive is it possible to recover the files?

hello everyone i did something pretty stupid to my external i wont get to it but i basically burned it out it started to smell like burning lol and it stopped spinning as in stopped working overall.. im just curious to know if there is any possible way to whether i can still recover my files b/c i have like 2 or 3 years worth of files in there lol thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're willing to pay dearly ($ 1,000 +) :

Google Search for:

hard drive data recovery service

Here's an example of a popular Canadian company:

TIP: Only you can decide if it's worth the money. One backup is never enough, one to DVD and one to XHD are minimum requirements. Also, keep DVDs off site (in a Safety Deposit Box), in case of fire or theft.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Take it out of the case and see if you can make it an internal hd. The electronics that connect to the hd could be fried. If that doesn't work, you may be able to find a donor hard drive to take the controller card off of and swap it to yours. It must be the exact same make and model. If that doesn't work there are hard drive recovery companies that will get your data back but the cost is $1000-$2000.

• 4 years ago

hi , Nexxtech is one variety that make "no longer undemanding force enclosers" . purchase at Circuit city , terrific purchase ... any Electronics shops could have them . below $60.00 USD i think of . USB hook as much as a pc it rather is working actual . be valuable to offer company the laptop variety of the burnt no longer undemanding force and be certain the no longer undemanding force encloser will in actuality artwork with the variety of the broken no longer undemanding force . you will could get rid of your burnt no longer undemanding force from its casing to be certain that it to in good shape the no longer undemanding force encloser . If the burnt drives' contents do no longer eshow up by way of this attempt , you would be able to % ask a expert and ask what to do . i believe you will no longer evev have get right of entry to to that force lower back . this no longer undemanding force encloser is effective to have whilst a pc shuts down and would't be re-all started .. you will get rid of significant information before sending the laptop out for fix .

• 1 decade ago

take out the harddrive in your external and put it in your computer....or your 2nd option is to buy the same external harddrive and just put your ( old harddrive ) into the new pcb ( the thing you burnt ) so basically just take out the harddrive from the new and put in the old

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

You may try this solution

http://www.asoftech.com/articles/External-Drive-Da...

hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

probably not unless u have $10,000 for the equipment to do

Source(s): computer tech
  • 1 decade ago

wowwwww.....

if you did burn it out, i think youre pretty much ****ed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.