hand stability excersizes?

For some reason I have very VERY unstable hands. Whenever I'm soldering, building card castles, or anything that involves fine motor skills, it seems just flat out impossible to keep my hands steady. Does anyone know any exercises that could help stabilize my hands?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Blashyrkh,

There are many possible causes for tremors/shaking of the hands. A mention of your age might have been helpful. One possible cause is a disorder called "essential tremor", which is common among older adults and occurs 20 times more often than Parkinson's disease. Shaky hands also could be due to anxiety. Medications that are currently being taken may also be added to the list of possible causes, but to reach a diagnosis, a doctor must first rule out physical causes. Until you are seen by a doctor, you would be advised to avoid caffeine, which can trigger production of adrenaline, a hormone that can worsen tremors. Avoid alcohol, which has pronounced effects on the central nervous system and can aggravate essential tremor. Exercise with light hand weights that can promote stability in the hands and wrists. When you see your doctor, ask for a recommendation/referral to a physical therapist who can teach you the exercises.

ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.

It is extremely important to obtain an accurate diagnosis before trying to find a cure. Many diseases and conditions share common symptoms.

The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.

Hope this helps

matador 89

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Use this super-simple body-weight workout from The Women's Health Big Book.You can also borrow a table in your home or place your feet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.