What steps a bank can take agaiinst a man who took personal loan & left country permanently?

I have taken personal loans with 2 major banks in India and used it for migrating and settling in Australia, I have been paying monthly personal loan instalments but now since I am unemploed in Australia, not in a position to pay back monthly installments    My intention Is not to cheat indian banks but it's... show more I have taken personal loans with 2 major banks in India and used it for migrating and settling in Australia, I have been paying monthly personal loan instalments but now since I am unemploed in Australia, not in a position to pay back monthly installments 

My intention Is not to cheat indian banks but it's bad situation financially, doing dirty jobs to survive only in hope of get good job sooner or later

I have permanent visa, so I may not be returning to India, 
so if I don't pay my monthly loan installments to Indian banks... what steps Indian bank can take against a person who left the country permanently?

I have Given post dated cheques and signed the loan agreements 

can I simply get rid of these loans if I don't ever return to India 

or is it advisable to write a letter to bank requesting more time to payback?