Why do the women in post-apocalypse movies always look beautiful?

It's the same in virtually every disaster/apocalypse movie I've ever seen. Most of the men are scruffy looking; they're dressed in old, tattered clothing, and their faces are marked by wrinkles, scars, and the stubble that comes from not shaving in a long time. But the women, on the other hand, could... show more It's the same in virtually every disaster/apocalypse movie I've ever seen. Most of the men are scruffy looking; they're dressed in old, tattered clothing, and their faces are marked by wrinkles, scars, and the stubble that comes from not shaving in a long time. But the women, on the other hand, could pass for models. They all have beautiful hair and sometimes even visible makeup, like in a post apocalyptic world you have time to shower and brush your hair before going out the fight the zombies or the aliens or whatever. This lack of a realistic portrayal of women is one of the main things that irritates me about apocalypse movies; so why can't the movie biz just get over the idea that women should always look gorgeous and actually make them look like what they are; the desparate survivors that don't have time for lipstick and eyeliner?