What does this mean: "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"?

BQ: What is the road to Heaven paved with?

Favorite Answer

I think it means if you have good intentions but you still do the wrong thing .....maybe

the road to heaven paved with doin the right thing :D not just intentions

Have you ever thought about the fact that, before mankind invented GOD, Religion, ERG, Meter, Money, Kilowatt, and so on, there was no such things as hell, heaven, good, or bad, and all we invent to create a classification of things around us and in our life. So, there is a simple way in life. Where ever you go, look around you, there are only 2 possibilities, it fits you, or it does not, then, if you stay, there are again 2 possibilities, you integrate or you don't. So, look, then melt into the scenery, become a part of it, look what local people do, do the same, help them, and they help you, ask their advice, and if you think that something could be done better, show it, they will observe your and ask what's about. Now, look at the world we live in. Some find that in their country it is bad to live, they have no freedom, or not enough, are oppressed. So, they leave, and go elsewhere. Once arrived, they find themselves victimized, they see that those where they come live different. So what now? Here are the 2 choices again, or you adapt, or you fight for your own values. You can now stay or go. So, now, let's see what happens if they stay and stick to their values. First we build a Mosque, we call all other infidels, we force them to change their eating habits, because we do not eat this or that, we force them to accept our GOD, our culture, all those who do not agree are free to be exterminated, we change clothing habits, we ask all to accept that we run a round in long skirts, wear turbans, pack our woman like post-packs, and so on. I target here Muslims because they are a good example of what I try to explain. Now, what will happen, both sides will live what we call hell, none of the both sides will be happy anymore, one one side we want to force in place our culture by destruction of the one that has been there for centuries, on the other those that have been here will get angry at some moment and the fight will start. This is what we call tolerance breakdown. So, where ever you go, respect other people and their culture, if that one doesn't fits you, go elsewhere. Now, do not think that doing like them and thinking different will help, you can't do anything good if your heart and your soul thinks different. Only when all parameters are matching, you live in harmony. Multiculti systems are always a path of destruction, they can't work. I do not enter in the Sin story, since that is pure religious brainwash. In our language we call it a law, you follow it, or break it. If you look our law books, you will soon find out that most of it are those things you like to do most, and by forbidding it and knowing that you will do this because of the temptation, they earn money. If we want to live all together side by side, we need respect. If respect fails, we need rules, and rules is what makes hell, the more rules you create, the greater the hell in which you live becomes. So, observe humans and find where they do not respect others, create laws on that, look on the other side what they like to do most, and just forbid that, and you make money. Religion is based on SEX, the religion, what means coalition, or binding, between two humans, male and female. Remove from Religion Sex, and the whole falls. Look what religions are about, stories of man and woman, taking care of the child birth, checking what you do in your sexual life, are you gay, or bisexual, do you pray and pay, every payer not born will not pay, will not kill, not run in a war for our cause, la causa nostra, sounds somewhere familiar, or not? Is your wife and your daughters packed like a letter for the post, is not a square centimeter of skin visible? That is what it is all about, money, power and your a.s.s.

it means when you try to do too many nice things you will ruin everything, an example is "health care reform" they want to help poor people so they will put a gun to my head and make me buy a product or go to prison. maybe it helps a poor person but it takes away my freedom which is a form of hell.

the road to heaven is paved with free will and morality

• Gerry

I intend to give you $1M; however, as good as my intentions are...YOU will never see $1M from me. So, I am now on my road to Hell.

Heaven? Hmmmm....the road to heaven is side-lined with beautiful women so that my walk could be heavenly!

Now, do you have any other questions that need straightening out?

Gerry :)

The gist of it is, good intentions can have bad consequences. I.E. health care reform, the invasion of Iraq.

BQ: Logic would dictate, bad intentions. Good for me!

• No. I it means thinking about doing good doesn't get it done. Another way to think about it.... You have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

That intending to do something doesn't do anybody any good - you have to actually follow through or it's just as bad as somebody who has no good intentions.

BQ: Good things done for the right reason.

I suppose it means no matter how good your intentions,that things can still generally go to s h i t along the way...xxx

that sometimes our good intentions may lead us to bad consequences

• ....

What Slave2luv said. She's right on the money honey. :)

The question is to actually lure you