Can I refrigerate a fondant-covered cake for about 5 days (maybe 6)?

I ave to make my friend's birthday cake. Her birthday party is on Friday, but I ave school all week and I don't want to have to worry about it everyday, and know in the back of my head "Oh my gosh, it's not totally finished and it's Wednesday!" or Thursday or Tuesday or whatever. I was... show more I ave to make my friend's birthday cake. Her birthday party is on Friday, but I ave school all week and I don't want to have to worry about it everyday, and know in the back of my head "Oh my gosh, it's not totally finished and it's Wednesday!" or Thursday or Tuesday or whatever. I was going to make the cake, put icing + fondant on it, decorate it (with little fondant pieces), cover it (in a cake container or something), and then just put it in my kitchen refrigerator. I know I cannot freeze it because my cake will turn to mush and my fondant may break or become bubbly. Can I refrigerate it? If I can, should I wait to put the decorations on it? (It is not a HUGE cake). If not, what CAN I do?

Thanks! :]
1 answer 1