Why do girls post pictures on facebook/myspace and then caption "OMG Im so ugly!"?

On multiple occasions I see girls posting pictures of themselves on myself and then caption it with

"OMG im so ugly"

"Bad picture"

"Im so fat"

Doesnt it make sense that if you didnt like the picture you would not post it up??

Ugh, its a major pet peeve of mine. And, maybe if I could understand I would not be so extremely annoyed by .

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Obviously they have a low self esteem already. I would say there is a simple answer to this though. When they post the pic in question and someone responds, "that's not a bad pic" or "you're cute, nice picture", it reassures them and makes them feel better. It's like my mother in-law. Whenever she cooks a big dinner she makes comments about how something could have been cooked better or prepared diferently despite the fact that the meal is fantastic. When we all tell her how good it is it makes her feel better about herself and the job she did.

• 10 years ago

i feel the same way.

really i think it's a) so that they can pretend they are not offended if some one else were to critisise their picture

OR

b) so that other people will comment on their picture saying things like: awww no ur pretty, this is such a great picture, don;t say that ur gorgeous.

they feel the need to raise their self esteem

its stupid.

Source(s): me a girl/fb user.
  • 10 years ago

ahh thats a major pet peeve of mine too. i feel the same way hahah. i think its so other people can comment and be like "awwwhhh no bbygirl urr soo gorgeouss!!" or "omggzz this is s00 caahuutteee"

hahah some examples ive seen before

• 10 years ago

They're fishing for good comments. Attention whores

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

because they are attention seeking whores?

they never actually thing they are ugly, it's called fishing for compliments, which apparently makes them feel good because they have nothing better in their lives...

maybe they need Jesus to save them :)

• 10 years ago

They make themselves feel bad so everyone else will say, "You're not ugly! You're gorgeous, blablah" It is annoying.

• 10 years ago

they probably want people too say ohh no yu dont yu look pretty andd blah blah blah. so i just think they wantt attention! btw: ihate it too!

• 10 years ago

they want u to tell them theyre pretty

• 10 years ago

I TOTALLY AGREE.

that is all

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.