"Check ink" error on HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One?

A few months ago I installed new color and black ink cartridges on the printer and when tested everything seemed to work fine. For the past few weeks, every time I turn on the printer the "Check Printer Cartridge" light comes on and I get a message on my computer saying there is a problem with the... show more A few months ago I installed new color and black ink cartridges on the printer and when tested everything seemed to work fine.

For the past few weeks, every time I turn on the printer the "Check Printer Cartridge" light comes on and I get a message on my computer saying there is a problem with the color ink cartridge. I'm pretty sure it's the right kind--it's a HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge with a green top and triangle logo matching the color and shape where you install the cartridge.

I've tried taking it out and put it back in and turning the printer off and on numerous times but it doesn't work. I've also tried just taking it out and attempting to only use black ink but it won't print.

Any suggestions for fixing this?