Which Blu-ray Player has the best/highest/most stable Blu-ray disc playback compatibility?

Recently, I bought Inglourious Basterds on Blu-ray. When I put it into my Blu-ray player(a Samsung BD-P1400), it loaded once, reached a Universal Studio's menu language selection page, then loaded again before it reached an infinitely looping sequence of clips from the movie itself, with music playing. I... show more Recently, I bought Inglourious Basterds on Blu-ray. When I put it into my Blu-ray player(a Samsung BD-P1400), it loaded once, reached a Universal Studio's menu language selection page, then loaded again before it reached an infinitely looping sequence of clips from the movie itself, with music playing.

I assume that would be where the Main Menu options(Play/Audio/Scene Selection/Special Features) are the appear normally, but instead nothing appears, and the disc locks. If I press "Play" on the Blu-ray player controller, a 'no entry' sign appears at the top right hand. If I press skip, main menu or disc menu on the remote, again that same logo appears. Upon further investigations, I found that almost everyone with the same problem as I do were using the Samsung BD-P1400, while others who used it faced different problems as well.

Also, I heard that the BD-P1400 was discontinued by Samsung due to numerous problems and faults, so I've decided to buy a new Blu-ray player. But I want a player that can play everything, and assuming future releases of Blu-ray discs have a different playing format, the company supporting it will release a firmware promptly(preferably before several new releases become unplayable).

Does anyone have any suggestions of which brand and model to buy? Samsung BD-P1400 is absolutely out of the question, and unless you would absolutely swear by a certain Samsung model you have that can play all the new releases and has lasted you for [x period of time], I think I'd steer clear of Samsung for awhile too.

That being said, I need a Blu-ray player with support for Blu-rays released as far back as 2006(Fantastic Four, etc) as well as future support for incoming Blu-rays. DVD backward compatibility is a plus, and will be taken into consideration, as will loading times for the Blu-ray player.
Update: I did the Samsung BD-P1400 Firmware update, which was released in 2009, and tried playing it but it still had the same problem.

Someone else on a forum spoke to a Samsung customer service rep, and she couldn't provide any help.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...