Why is Sosuke Aizen's Bankai never mentioned as a potential threat or even mentioned at all?

By Sosuke Aizen having been a Captain of Gotei 13, he has achieved Bankai, but everyone is threatened by (or useless against) by his Shikai... a Shikai, not a Bankai! Why is that? and what can his Bankai be capable of when his Shikai is so powerful?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's implied or a given that His Bankai is a greater threat.

Think about it. Bankai is naturally more powerful than Shikai.

however, if the Shinigami can't even beat his Shikai, then there's no point talking about teh bankai because they'd never survive to see it anyway.

They know his bankai is powerful but the immediate threat is the shikai. It's a given that his bankai will be more dangerous when he activates it.

As far as we know (or at least what the comics showed) Aizen has never had to use his bankai against anyone because his shikai is too powerful.

The reason aizen's shikai is so strong? Possibly because it has the ability of illusion. It tricks all 5 senses, something the visored captain ahd to rely on his bankai to do and even then there was a weakness. In aizen's case anyone who ahs seen the shikai is vulnerable to it and cannot fight out of it, that's why it is such a threat to the shinigamis.

btw, do you think aizen has a release form? I wouldn 't be surprised.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why is Sosuke Aizen's Bankai never mentioned as a potential threat or even mentioned at all?

By Sosuke Aizen having been a Captain of Gotei 13, he has achieved Bankai, but everyone is threatened by (or useless against) by his Shikai... a Shikai, not a Bankai! Why is that? and what can his Bankai be capable of when his Shikai is so powerful?

Source(s): sosuke aizen 39 bankai mentioned potential threat mentioned all: https://shortly.im/GQwtl
  • 6 years ago

"By Sosuke Aizen having been a Captain of the Gotei 13, he has achieved a Bankai..."

Never proven. Kubo might be thinking he has one, but until he comes out and says it, it's a believable assumption that Aizen used his Kyōka Suigetsu's Shikai to mimic the appearance of a Bankai during his exam.

And, let's face it: with a Shikai that powerful, who the hell would want to take it up another step? What could possibly be better, as a Bankai, when the Shikai can do such a thing? Control time and space? We've already seen that as a Shikai in the filler "Gotei 13 Invading Army" arc, and it's already been covered that no two zanpakuto are alike. And yes, I know it's filler but Kubo wouldn't have approved of that Shikai ability in the arc if he'd intended it as a possible Bankai for Aizen.

It'd be believable that his Bankai, assuming he has one, would be substantially weaker, or less effective, than his Shikai. Like, in my opinion, Soi Fon's Bankai. YAY IT'S A MISSILE. Who cares? It couldn't kill Baragan. But Suzumebachi (which has the nickname of 2 hit certain kill or something like that) might possibly have done the job. Again, that's just how I view her Shikai/Bankai. It's conceivable that Baragan might have been even less affected by the Shikai than he was by the Bankai.

In closing, I'd like to state that who cares anymore. Even if he escaped from the prison he's been shoved in by the Soul Society at some point, the question of his Bankai becomes a moot point since, approaching his defeat, the Hōgyoku had determined that Aizen "no longer needs a zanpakuto", therefore either severing his spirit's ties with Kyōka Suigetsu entirely, or just destroying the sword. In either case, Aizen no longer has a zanpakuto with which to release a Bankai.

• 5 years ago

well it is because he has a very strong shikai but we also need to consider that if he has a bankai so why did not he used it against ichigo , it is also possible that aizen only used hogyoku to gain immortality,and why in the first place he wanted to meet the soul king,why is he helping the gotei13 to save soul society now, what is the real history of aizen shosuke . there are lot of question about him which only kubo can give.Also he was the captan of gotei13 for a very long time that is about 100 years . if we believe that he did not achived bankai during the captain exam there is a high chance that he has achived bankai and might have used it . we can nt know for sure for that the need to be followed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • finnen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sosuke Aizen

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's a villain, and villains always get killed in bleach. So people tend to overlook them. For what it's worth, I like aizen. He's an awesome gay villain with a male harem, at least as far I'm concerned.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't know. maybe when he showed his bankai during the test of becoming a captain ,he didn't really show it by using shikai. maybe during the test he used his shikai to show a fake version of his bankai that looked weak. or maybe he used his shikai to trick them into believing he achieved bankai when he really didn't.

• 6 years ago

maybe he doesint even have bankai because his shikai is illusion he could have tricked the captains into thinking he has bankai

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayhnE

Pat Travers Band (my favorite Canadian band) Ha! I remember that video where the singer was in a cardboard box rolling down a hill. Spinning on his head. They were pretty crazy/

• 1 decade ago

im guessing its one powerful bankai but remember he doesnt necissarly have to have it cuz kenpachi became captain by killing the other captain so ya :D hope that helps........also it could be they just havnt said anything about it yet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.