I need help or advice with 2008 income tax filed wrong by tax services please?

last year was my first year filing my income taxes with my husband and our fist son so we went to a tax service that i was recomended by my sister the guy doing our taxes had several diplomas and everything for filing taxes and i trusted that so at last he askd us to verify our dob and social security and if it was... show more last year was my first year filing my income taxes with my husband and our fist son so we went to a tax service that i was recomended by my sister the guy doing our taxes had several diplomas and everything for filing taxes and i trusted that so at last he askd us to verify our dob and social security and if it was correct to sign it, so i just recently got a letter from the IRS saying i have a balance of $1,849 cuz my tax papers where not filed correctly that and advanced amount was not filed on that papers so theres nothing i can do, me and my husband are unemployed and i go to school so my question is why do i have to pay for someone alses mistake i paid him to do my taxes his the pro that filed my taxes wrong can i like sue him for his mistake? at least 1/2 f that amount since i do unds. i went on vacation with that money but i wounldnt o went if i know that i really didnt have it . so im askin anyone with this kind of experience to please help me out the answer would be very aprecciate it.. thanx