Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Walt Disney a freemason?

Ok I was trying to figure out what walt Disney religon was. And I found a web site that said he was a mason I also heard that he was apart of a socitey called projects of scion or something like that. But when I stated thinking about the mason part it acured to me that it might be plossible. What's the hardest club you can get in to in Disneyland that few people see club 33 and what's the highest level you can reach being a free mason 33. Is thought it was kind of odd lol. And another one 1313 is MM for Mickey mouse ok now on the back of the dollar bill the egale is holding on his right side 13 olive leafs and on his left side 13 arrows and there's a lot of Masonic signs on the dollar bil. So idk what do you guys think.

• meat
    Best Answer

Walt Disney was DeMolay.

His brother - Roy - was a Freemason.

The Priory of Scion was a fictitious 'group' started by whack-job Pierre Plantard in the 50s. It's not real.

Club 33 is an interesting place. Walt did indeed create the place as a private 'club.' It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with being an address assigned by the City of Anaheim - the address for ALL of Disneyland is 1313 Harbor Blvd. There's no separate Club 33 address.

the 33rd Degree is not the highest level you can reach being a Freemason. The highest level you can reach being a Freemason is the 3rd Degree. The 33rd Degree is an honorary degree bestowed by the Scottish Rite, which is an appendant body to Freemasonry. Duh.

1313 is the street number of Disneyland. Yes, it had to do with the Ms in Mickey Mouse.

The eagle is holding an olive BRANCH with 13 leaves and 13 olives, representing the 13 original colonies (you did learn history, right? You do know there were 13 original colonies that formed the United States, right?) in peace, and in the other talon the eagle is holding 13 arrows - again, COLONIES - representing war.

There are no Masonic signs on the dollar bill at all.

Source(s): I'm a Freemason, and I've been to Disneyland a time or two.
    • Ek5 years agoReport

.My question to you is this.In this club 33 was there any type of illumanation going on at Disneyland or in this Club ?

• sykes

Walt Disney Freemason

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Walt Disney a freemason?

Ok I was trying to figure out what walt Disney religon was. And I found a web site that said he was a mason I also heard that he was apart of a socitey called projects of scion or something like that. But when I stated thinking about the mason part it acured to me that it might be plossible....

Source(s): walt disney freemason: https://shortly.im/wXPLn
  • J. R.

Don't know what ol' Walt's religion was, but he was recognized as active in a couple of EV churches in Orange County CA., especially with the Garden Grove Community Church, today known as the Crystal Cathedral. I once dated a girl who's father was some kind of administrator there, and he had lots of photos of himself with Walt and Rev. Schuller as well as letters between them relating to various church projects in the late 50's.

Freemasonry is not a religion, so that would not matter... But the fact is Walt was not a Mason. His Brother Roy however, was.

Club 33 got it's name from it's address, nothing more. The address was assigned by the City of Anaheim (not as an actual address but a sub-division number really, assigned for tax and licensing purposes- all of Disneyland shares a common address) after the fact of it's being built. Not Walt, not any of the Disney family or employees had anything to do with it. I ate there once, as a guest of a lawyer friend who was a member. Had the rabbit, wasn't all that impressed.

33 is a Degree in Scottish Rite Masonry, the degree, and the number is meaningless to other parts of Masonry. It's not a rank. A 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason is no "higher" or any more knowledgeable than any degree of York Rite Mason, or any Blue Lodge Master Mason.

13 has no special meaning or use in Masonry either.

There is no Masonic symbolism or influence involved in the U.S. Dollar bill. The Great Seal(s) were not even designed by a Mason.

Source(s): Freemason, a little bit of Disney history, and personal experience.

I am happy to say yes he was! I am a Freemason and about to join the Scottish Rite. I am also a Disney freak, it is the last stronghold of anything good and wholesome...regardless of how huge of a business it has become; you either get it or don't, there those who love it and those who hate it...It's charm and magic are just something that resonates with me.

Back to Walt,meh was in DeMolay as a youth...a young man's organization, stepping stone to freemasonry. He was also a 33rd degree Scottish Rite mason, I have read this in official lodge literature. He was a great man.

• 5 years agoReport

Can't be a Scottish or York Rite Mason without first being Blue Lodge. Be careful what you say less you "impeach your own testimony".

Freemason Wiki

Yes, Walt Disney was a Freemason.

But I don't think there is any connection to the numbers 33 or 13.

Club 33 is an interesting example because none of the hardcore Disney trivia experts can explain where the name came from. The 13's in US symbols is easy because it refers to the original 13 colonies.

Torg

[Questioning the best answerer "user meat"]

There are masonic symbols on the dollar bill.. but I guess it would be unwise to trust you anyway because the symbol on your icon is the back of a masonic apron, which is the same symbol on the devil's tarot card. The devil is the deceiver, not the source of light, which is one of the secrets of top level freemasonry. Albert Pike, who is one of the authorities on freemasonry admitted they worship Lucifer. Freemasonry is likened to the planet saturn, which has many rings around it. The closer you get to the center, the more information you learn about its insidiousness. However, someone has to be pretty stuped in the idolatry of it, to make it to the top. The devil wanted to work in mysterious ways, just like God. Also, if the enemy is revealed, then people will know that there is merit to God's existence. The devil has developed a system of symbols in order for his people to communicate, and know what he has control of, and who is working for him. “Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” - Confucius.

• 5 years agoReport

Have you ever read Pike's "Morals & Dogma"? Based on your comments, it is probably safe to say you haven't. Stop taking things out of context less you make yourself appear a fool.

It's totally possible. It was pretty common for businessmen of that era.

However, Masons are a fraternal group, not a religion.