Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: What is your opinion on the whole Conan and Jay Leno drama?

I couldn't care less really. I like Conan better and Jay is just stale.

Favorite Answer

Jay Leno should have been mature enough, and a decent enough human being, to bite the bullet and just let his show get canceled. For real. He has *Plenty* of money and could retire handsomely to his 80-odd cars. He said he was going to let Conan have the Tonight Show--he should have *honored* his word and ditto with NBC.

Or, at the very least he could have offered to go on *after* Conan, sharing an hour with Fallon.

But nooo..... o__O

I think this pretty much underscores the problem with NBC/Universal. When the Writer's Strike hit, they lost their nerve, and their *will* to promote their new material, and their *will* to actually have and use good leadership. They have all the talent in the world, and not *one* clue how to use it. For too long their answer to everything has been "do another Law & Order spinoff", while they cancel _My Name Is Earl_ for making good ratings (and for being totally different from the rest of their lineup).

If anyone there had half a brain, they'd keep Conan and either ditch Leno, or give him something supremely low-profile, either around the Jimmy Fallon timeslot or on the weekends. The problem was that Leno was killing the ratings (in the worst way), going *into* the late-night *news* broadcast *before* Conan. Why folks aren't getting this is beyond me.

It's like nobody at the top at NBC/U has a brain. Or if they do, it's elsewhere.

• Conan should stay,Jay Leno should fade into oblivion

Conan deserves better. Jays show should be pushed to 12:05

i like conan better tho. jay... hes ok... but....... meh

• //

Conan's funnier than all late night combined.

I like both of their shows, but differently.

conan should stay and leno should stay

• I don't watch either so I don't really care!!