Looking for a good book to read, any suggestions?

I am looking for a book to read and I really enjoy getting into them. I have read all the Twilight books, so please don't suggest them. I don't really like mushy love stories, but something with a little romance is fine. Recently I have read The Secret Life of Bees and The Mermaid Chair. Any suggestions would be helpful :)

• Trix
    Favorite Answer

If you've read both of those books you'll really enjoy these!

Here r reccomendations + descriptions so u know what it's about be4 u buy it or waste time trying 2 find it♥♥

I reccomend Fallen by Lauren Kate♥...I love this book.

It's a really great romance/action novel.

Description:There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick ♥

Descripition: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Homeschooled Laurel begins public high school as a tenth grader when her adoptive parents move to LA., leaving behind the land that has been in her mother's family since the Gold Rush days. The many clues that Laurel is different (she is strictly vegan; sunlight seems to shine through her fair skin; she never gets cold; she craves the outdoors; she doesn't menstruate) culminate in a bump on her back growing to the size of a softball and blooming into a flower that has foot-long petals. Returning to her parents' land, she meets Tamini, a faerie to whom she is attracted, who tells her that she is not human, but rather is a plant or, more specifically, a faerie. David, her accepting and supportive classmate, tests her tissue and confirms that Tamini is right.

The Luxe Series-Awesome romance♥A big, romantic tale of catty girls, dark secrets and windswept romance unfurls in this compulsively readable novel of late-19th-century New York City socialites. Elizabeth Holland, a prim and proper lady of old-money society, is betrothed to one man, though furtively loves another; Henry Schoonmaker, a debauched playboy who must marry Elizabeth or be disinherited; Diana Holland, Elizabeth’s younger sister who is in love with her fiancé; and Penelope Hayes, a member of the nouveau riche who will stop at nothing to win Henry’s affections.

Perfect Chemistry by Simone E.(Good romance comedy)♥♥♥♥♥Tough guy Alex is primarily known by his classmates as a dangerous member of the Latino Bloods gang. He’s not exactly thrilled when Brittany Ellis, the school’s seemingly perfect beauty queen, is assigned as his lab partner—and the feeling is more than mutual. But Alex’s bravado works against him when he impulsively accepts a bet that he can get Brittany in the sack.

How to Ruin my Teenage Life by Simone Elkles

Amy Nelson Barak’s life is going wrong! Her mom got married and moved to the suburbs, and now they are going to have a baby. Amy moves in with her dad in Chicago and signs him up for an online dating service. His first four dates are that night . . .

What else? Her dog Mutt impregnated her grumpy neighbor’s prized poodle, so Amy will actually have to get a part-time job to pay for half the veterinary bill. And there’s this totally annoying boy, Nathan Rubin, who just moved into her apartment building. Luckily, Amy has a cute boyfriend named Avi. Only he’s more like a non-boyfriend considering Avi is in the Israeli army for the next three years. What’s a girl to do when everyone is conspiringto ruin her life?

Along fo rthe Ride by Sarah Dessen

Hope that helps:)

• Alice

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It's a Norman Rockwell painting done in dark, mysterious tones about friendship between next door neighbors, relationships with fathers, books, libraries and a mysterious carnival that rolls into town in the middle of the night that changes everything that comes after it. Poetic. Bradbury's best.

House of Night series

Vampire Kisses series

Night World series

The Vampire's Kiss

The Morganville Vampires series

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray

The Darkest Powers series

The Women of the Otherworld series

The Books of Pellinor

Source(s): Sorry, mostly vampire or fantasy romance and adventure!

I like The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix...also Malorie Blackman - Noughts and Crosses trilogy. To kill a mocking bird is good. Umm catcher in the rye by J.D salinger is great. Feeling sorry for Celia by jaclyn moriarty is funny. Hmmm lots of others out there, how old are you? Halfof a yellow sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie i liked. Exodus by Julie Bertagna too. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. The Lovely Bones is grim and gritty but very well written. Those are just my preferences though :)

I highly recommend Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The first book is called The Lighting Thief. A lot of people I know like it, and I've read it many times myself. It's about a boy named Percy Jackson who finds out that the Greek gods are living in modern day America.

If you don't like that, then I suggest the Pendragon series by D. J. MacHale. It cusses a little, but it's really interesting and you can't put it down. The first book is called the Merchant of Death.

And if you STILL don't like that, then I suggest Epic by Connor Kostick. It's a little sci-fi-ish but it's really, really good.

• 1.A book called The F*** Up.

It is fantastic. I have read it many times.

However, I can't remember the author

2. The Blood Canticle- Anne Rice

3. Susanne's Diary for Nicholas- James Patterson

4. Beautiful Lies- Lisa Unger

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (1st: Hunger Games) {Best Book Ever}

Maximum Ride by James Patterson (1st: The Angel Experiment)

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (1st: City of Bones)

Evermore by Alyson Noel (1st: Evermore)

The Lost Books by Ted Dekker (1st: Chosen)

The Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong (1st: The Summoning)

Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine (1st Glass Houses)

Vampire Acadmey Series by Richelle Mead (1st Vampire Academy)

True Blood Series by Charline Harris (1st Dead Until Dark)

Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith (1st The Awakening)

Evermore Series by Alyson Noel (1st Evermore)

Thirst Series by Christopher Pike (1st The Last Vampire)

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz (1st Blue Bloods)

House Of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (1st Marked)

Just a few of the great ones from my shelves!!!!

The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

• Ellen

The Twilight Series: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn: Stephenie Meyer Blue is for Nightmares Series (Blue is for Nightmares White is for Magic Silver is for Secrets Red is for Remembrance) Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling Things Change Nailed Chasing Tail Lights By Patrick Jones A Walk to Remember A Bend in the Road The Notebook The Wedding The Guardian Nights in Rodanthe Dear John At First Sight By Nicholas Sparks She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen Running With Scissors Dry By Augusten Burroughs Wicked by Gregory MacGuire Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky Go Ask Alice: anonymous Crank by Ellen Hopkins Sam's Letters for Jennifer Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson Ordinary People by Judith Guest Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger Night by Elie Wiesel The Vampire Diaries Series (The Awakening, The Struggle, The Fury, Dark Reunion) by L.J. Smith Homefree by Nina Wright Prep Lovesick by Jake Coburn Slaughterhouse-Five Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White Carrie by Stephen King The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd The Watcher by James Howe The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold In My Enemy's House Daniel's Story By Carol Matas The Outsiders That Was Then, This is Now By S.E. Hinton Anne Frank and Me by Cherie Bennet and Jeff Gottesfeld The Other Shepards by Adele Griffin The Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osbourne Goosebumps by R.L. Stine What Kind of Love? by Sheila Cole The Giver Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry Harmless A Brief Chapter In My Impossible Life By Dana Reinhardt The Pigman The Pigman's Legacy The Pigman and Me My Darling, My Hamburger by Paul Zindel Sweethearts Story of a Girl By Sara Zarr Peeps The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld Bloom by Elizabeth Scott Speak By Laurie Halse Anderson What Happened To Cass McBride by Gail Giles Remembering Raquel By Vivian Vande Velde Hiroshima By John Hersey Elsewhere: Gabrielle Zevin Sweet Blood: Pete Hautman hope this helps!

Try Anita Shreve she has several that are fabulous.

Barbara Kingsolver's Prodigal summer and Poisonwood bible are good

Nora Roberts has some good ones, some i did not enjoy at all

Enjoy