Any preventative measures for recurrent migraine attacks or treatment when a migraine is already present?

I have had a headache/migraine for 10 days now. The reason I slash this description is due to differing levels of severity; The basal headache has not passed for the entire 10 days and I have had 4 severe migraine attacks where I am unable to open my eyes, move from any position without vomiting, hear sounds etc.... show more I have had a headache/migraine for 10 days now. The reason I slash this description is due to differing levels of severity; The basal headache has not passed for the entire 10 days and I have had 4 severe migraine attacks where I am unable to open my eyes, move from any position without vomiting, hear sounds etc. This is obviously having a detrimental effect on my life and of course looking after my 7 year old daughter. Any ideas, medicinal, homeopathic, dietary or otherwise are welcome. Thanks x x x