How do I strip and sell the parts of my car?

My sister recently bought a new car and gave me her old one. The car has a linkage problem, it's burning oil, and it's overall uncomfortable to be in, besides it's being a rather unattractive vehicle. Needless to say, I'm not paying to fix it. Repairs would probably cost more than any one would be... show more My sister recently bought a new car and gave me her old one. The car has a linkage problem, it's burning oil, and it's overall uncomfortable to be in, besides it's being a rather unattractive vehicle. Needless to say, I'm not paying to fix it. Repairs would probably cost more than any one would be willing to pay for it. So I want to strip the car for parts and see what kind of money I can get for them. What I need to know is how do I decide which ones are worth selling, what kinds of parts people would even be looking to buy, and where I'll get the most money for them. There's a junkyard I could sell them to, but I want to be sure I can't get more money on say, Ebay, from an individual.
8 answers 8