Is it true eating bread before drinking helps prevent your stomach from rejecting everything?

I usually just drink alot of water all day and usually helps my stomach later on when I start drinking, but I got sick last time so my friend told me to eat alot of bread tommorow before my other friends party. Just wondering if it truly helps. I think I just got sick last time because I drank on an empty stomach which wasnt a good idea.

thnx

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Well, it at least fills up your stomach with something of substance before the drinks hit. It is always a good idea to eat 1st, if you don't you will get drunk very quick and be more likely to be sick.

• 10 years ago

Just eat a meal before you go out. It will help with the alcohol, plus it will keep you from drinking as much as you will be full. Be Safe!!

• 10 years ago

protein is better than starches because the breaking down of the proteins also helps to break down the alcohol. It is better to eat a meal that includes protein than just a ton of bread before drinking.

• 10 years ago

that's a straight up myth if you drink too much or do alot of mixing of alcohol chances are you ll be praying to the porcelain god before morning comes...puke and rally

Source(s): last nite along with the one before that
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.