What are some Metallica songs that emphasize Lars Ulrich's amazing drumming?

People say that Lars is a weak drummer. I've never thought that - and I have always admired Lars' sense of groove.

What are some Metallica songs that disprove this hypothesis that Lars is a weak drummer?

I'll list the first one - 'Trapped Under Ice' off Ride The Lightning

He sounds amazing on the song 'Ride The Lightening'!

• Favorite Answer

if u ask me lars is the weakest metal drummer i've heard....all other metal bands i've listened to have drummers atleast as good as lars..if not better...anyway...the entire JUSTICE album has lars playing some interesting drum parts...if i have to pick one song then it would be blackened.

Some of Lars' best drumming performances include:

+ Battery

+ Dyer's Eve

+ Ride the Lightning

+ One

There aren't too many standout songs, his drumming's just consistent throughout the band's discography.

• It

Whiplash, Harveser of sorrow, and motorbreath are all good example's his best work. Lars is a badass drummer, though not the same drummer he once was. On the Metallica Live **** Binge and Purge DVD live in San Diego, you can see how great he was in his drum solo where he battles James on the Drums.

I don't like Lars but Master of Puppets has some great drumming

Motorbreath, Phantom Lord, Whiplash, Metal Militia, Trapped Under Ice, Creeping Death, Blitzkrieg, Fight Fire With Fire, Damage Inc., .... and everything on the $5.98 ep.

I could go on and on. He is amazing, but has grown to love his splash cymbal too much over the years and most of his new stuff I have to keep the treble turned way down to cover up that woooooosh sound he makes now.

i first recieved ride the lightning on a casette and was blown away, so raw fast and powerful.

i love the powerful drumming but from albums like and justice for all, the recording seems to not have the impact it should where earlier recordings did from the metal labels.

no doubt the drumming is tight and powerful with the crunch factor to match the guitars and he has shown he is all so a percussion artist not just a metal drummer. but the drumming seemed to not be highlighted and be engineered to sound well for fm radio and record players, not the same impact of a live show.

i will for sure diss the bass guitar sounds during this time period, the black album included as just chuffing sounds, every system i heard justice played on seemed to say the sound engineers did not work with the bass guitar and drummer as much as they should have turning a solid metal band into a pop recording.

i like primus too and les showed us how versatile the bass guitar is.

i loved the structure of the songs and how they flowed from one song to the next but the music became fatiguing to listen to and i would say they became a victim or corporate media as did i.

I would put so many ahead of Lars like Gene Hoglan, Dave Lombardo, Nick Menza, Nicko McBrain, Richard Christy, Pete Sandoval and Steve Asheim. Besides.... Lars is one of the biggest a*swipes on two feet.

I think some of his better songs are Fight Fire With Fire, Motorbreath, Harvester Of Sorrow

Yeah he is a great drummer, he puts feeling into it and he understands Hetfields riffs to play along to. Too many metal drummers are too robotic.

I love the drumming on Battery

Fight fire with fire

Fixxxer

The end of the line

And justice for all

Blackened

Motorbreath

God that failed

Source(s): Metallica have been the soundtrack to my life

Battery- Master Of Puppet's

Ride the Lighting