Should religion be allowed in public schools?

I attend a public high school. It being public and all, religion isn't supposed to be part of anything we do. But, my school is the safest school in my state. Its so peaceful at school, no one bothers anyone. There's never a fight but maybe once or twice a year. And you never hear about some kid was caught... show more I attend a public high school. It being public and all, religion isn't supposed to be part of anything we do. But, my school is the safest school in my state. Its so peaceful at school, no one bothers anyone. There's never a fight but maybe once or twice a year. And you never hear about some kid was caught with drugs at my school. Our principal welcomes God into our school. Alot of the teachers are openly religious. Preachers come into our class and teach us about God and His laws. The really religious teachers will have discussions about God with us after the work is done. After reading this, do you think religion should still be part of public schools? It makes going to school so much safer. I don't have to worry if I'm going to get shot today or anything, and my schools in the middle of the ghetto. (I'm white btw if you were wondering and yes its a black school) But it makes people so much more peaceful. It could help society so much!
85 answers 85