Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

How many GB is 2 TB equak?

I wanna get a external hard drive for school I found one that says 2 TB need info on it

Favorite Answer

Depending on what definitions of GB and TB that you use, 2 TB can be 2048 or 2000 GB.

• ?

Tb To Gb

RE:

How many GB is 2 TB equak?

2048 GB

Source(s): jacob
  • fahner

2 Terabyte

2 Terabytes = 2048 Gigabytes. Except that it doesn't when you buy a hard drive. The manufacturers use the decimal meaning of the prefix 'tera' which means 1 trillion, so they can sell you a drive and describe it as a terabyte when it's only really capable of holding 931GB of data. This is because a 931GB drive holds about 1 trillion bytes. A real terrabyte is 1099511627776 bytes, since bytes and terabytes are not a decimal measure. This scam should be made illegal, if I buy a terabyte drive I want it to hold a terabyte of data and nothing less.

2048 Gb .... Just like 2GB = 2048MB

2000gb

2000GB